ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

𝙍𝘼𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙎𝘼𝙃𝘼𝘿
------------------------------------------------------------

"24 year old Sahad Syair Roman had blown his shoulder during the playoffs after taking 2 nasty hits all at the same time. He was rushed off to hospital and his coaches has confirmed that he will not be able to play for the next 3 seasons." The news reporter said.

Sahad cut off his TV completely and sat in silence. He was still in complete and utter shock on how a shoulder injury managed to take him out for 3 seasons. That's 3 playoffs he would miss.

Sad thing was that it would be his debut at the playoffs. Many people were excited to see him there and he felt like he was letting a lot of people down.

He was currently trending on Twitter, Instagram. Just every social platform you name it. He would normally love the positive comments on how athletically talented he was but he despised the pity.

"Back to square one" He sighed and picked up his phone awaiting for her to pick up his call.

All the way on the other side of New Orleans, Na'mani receives a call. She was watching the reruns of Moesha and all of a sudden she receives a call from a private number.

"Hello?" She asked in a cautious tone.

"Hey, is this Na'mani Hunter?" A deep, strained voice asked her.

"This is she. I'm sorry who are you?"

"I'm Sahad Syair Roman. You've probably heard about the two fatal hits I took and managed to take myself out for three seasons." Sarcasm laced his voice as he tried to make it sound humorous.

"I heard about that. I'm so sorry about your injury, but how could I possibly help you?"  She asked confused.

"That's the thing. I heard you are one of the best therapists who has a major in sports medicine. I would like to make an appointment if that's okay with you?" Sahad asked with uncertainty but wishing that she would be willing to help him out.

"Sure! I mean whenever your free I can book you in. Do you wish to make the sessions a regular thing or just a one time thing?" Na'mani stood up with speed running to retreive her notebook and pen.

"I will go for the one time and decide whether I would want it to be regular or not."

"That's fine with me. Hoping to see you tomorrow at 3 o'clock? Does that sound good to you?"

"Perfect. Thank you." Sahad sighed in relief.

"No worries. I'm sorry again about your injury. God bless" And there it was. The first step of progress for Sahad, a new beginning too.