Rejection

"Um... yeah." Y/n answers nervously.

How do I let her down nicely?

"Look, you're a great person and I don't want anything between us to be messed up but, I can't accept your offer. I'm sorry."
"No, don't worry. It's fine." Y/n felt pretty embarrassed and kind of just wanted to run away at this moment. She thought the way he worded his rejection was weird and he didn't really say exactly why he didn't want to go out with her again but she wasn't going to push it.
"Yeah... can I be honest with you?" Minho blurted.
"Oh, yes, of course."
"I think you're a pretty amazing girl and I would like to hangout with you again but, there's someone who's obviously better for you and will treat you better than I ever will and I don't want to ruin that."
"What? What do you mean?" Y/n was super confused.
"Well... Chan-"
"Chan?"
"Yes, Chan. He's talked about how he's had feelings for you for a while now, even before you guys reunited here. I-I know a lot has happened in such a short amount of time with you being here but he wants to continue your amazing journey here so far. We all do but he knows you best."
Y/n didn't really have much to say. In fact, she didn't know what to say.
"So, he has feelings for me?"
"Yes, strong feelings."
"Okay..." There was a moment of awkward silence but then Y/n said, "See you around."
"See ya, Y/n. Have a great day."

I can't let Chan know what just happened. It'll crush him to know that she has feelings for me. Minho thought.

So, Minho doesn't want to go out with me because of Chan? But does Minho even like me? I'm confused. Y/n thought.

Y/n is kind of annoyed to hear about how, from what it seems, Chan is basically holding Minho back from accepting her offer to go out with her on a date again. She finds it hard to believe that Chan has loved her since young, since they haven't seen each other for years.

"Hey Y/n!" A voice from afar spoke.
Y/n turned around to see Ally.
"Hey! Ally, right?"
"Yes. So, how is everything?"
"Everything is going great! How are you?"
"Oh, you know, just the usual. By the way, if you need any help with auditioning, let me know. I'd love to help!"
"Thank you! I will let you know."
Ally then kept walking aside Y/n. She knew that something was up but didn't want to get into it. She did decide to ask Ally for some auditioning advice though, to see what point she wanted to get across.
"So, do you think it's a good idea to audition with a boy group or girl group performance?" Y/n asked.
"Are you asking because Chan and Cheonsa gave you two different opinions?"
Y/n didn't really know what to say. She doesn't know why everyone knows everything about what's going on currently with Y/n. She feels like she has a stalker or something.
"Y-Yes..." She said.
"Well, I'd say do a boy group performance. It's good to spice things up every once in a while and stand out from the other people auditioning. Who else did you talk about auditioning with?"
"Well, I talked to the rest of Stray Kids," Y/n was gonna mention the group chat that she has with them but she decided not to do it wouldn't get any attention, "and they said that I should do a girl group performance because that's what the first audition requires. Minho mentioned-"
"All I'm gonna say is this, they are idols and have been through a lot but have they been through the auditioning process to become a back up dancer?"
"I don't know about the other members but I know Minho has. Not for JYP Entertainment but for Big Hit Entertainment. I trust-"
"Well, I personally think you should listen to Cheonsa and I. You do you, but we haven't been here for too long so we know the recent rules and things to do to pass your audition nowadays."
There was a long pause of Ally waiting for Y/n's response. Something about Ally's presence was a bit like Cheonsa's. Y/n felt pretty pressured to decide what she wanted there and then.

Cheonsa definitely has something against me. Her and her friends are now trying to get me to do a boy group performance when that's not part of the rules.

"Yes." Y/n blurred out.
"Hm?" Ally said.
"I'll do a boy group performance."
"Really?"
"Yeah! I-I wanted to do it anyways. Thank you for the advice."
"Oh, well Cheonsa would be happy to hear that. Of course and good luck! Let me know if you need anything."
"Yes. Goodbye!"
"Ba-Bye!" Ally waved.

Ally then finally walked away from Y/n. When she knew she was far enough away from Y/n, she pulled out her phone and spoke to the screen, "Siri, text Cheonsa."
"What would you like to send?" The Siri from her phone asked.
"Y/n is falling for everything, perfectly." She then paused, "Send."