Fooled

It's now 11:00 at night on July 11th. Tomorrow auditions take place. After finishing the Not Shy choreography, they've been helping me with Wannabe. She feels kind of wrong by getting help from the members but they said that it won't affect anything. She feels bad for all of the other people who audition and don't get professional help like she is. She feels like she's cheating her way in and that's not what she's trying to do at all. She also thinks that it doesn't help that she's close with Chan and becoming friends with the Stray Kids members.

I feel like I don't deserve this much. I don't know how I got so lucky. Maybe that's why Cheonsa is after me. Not only does she not like that I'm close with Chan, but she's jealous that there are other people who are good, and possibly better than her, and who have luck and have what it takes. I might have to deal with others like that in my career if I get in but I'm willing to go through challenges to get to where I want to be. I just gotta block out her noise and focus.

Y/n wakes up from her alarm. It's 7:30 in the morning, on the 12th.

Today's the day.

Auditions take place at 4:00 and Y/n did not waste time going to the studio. She spent the whole day preparing for her audition. It was 2:30 at this point and she decided to go back home and shower because she was disgusting and didn't want to look like that while auditioning. Either way, showers were always a relaxing outlet for her. It made her feel a lot better because she was stressed pretty much all day.

It was 3:47 and she rushed inside the building and got in line. The line on the 7th floor is where auditions are taking place and she didn't want to be last.

"So, are you ready?" A random girl said to Y/n.
"Yeah... just nervous."
"Aren't we all? Don't worry. I think you've got this."
"Thanks, you too!"
"Sorry if this is random. I just- when I get nervous I need to talk to somebody. It distracts me and clams a bit." The girl explained.
"Oh, don't be sorry! I like talking to people so it's no problem."
"Okay." The girl chuckled and then spoke, "What are you auditioning with?"
"I chose to audition with Wannabe by Itzy."
"Wow, that's a great choice!"
"Thank you! What about you?"
"I was going to do Feel Special by Twice but I talked to Joonhi and Leo and they recommended me to do Got7's Just Right. They have been here for a while so I trust them."
"Aren't Joonhi and Leo Cheonsa's friends?"

Joonhi and Leo... they sound familiar. Wait...

"Yes. They are great friends."

Are you kidding me?!

"What?"
"Yeah, They even gave me this flyer explaining it." The girl said, acting like nothing was wrong.
"L-Let me take a look at that, please." Y/n said while taking the sheet of paper immediately.

Thank god we aren't close enough to the front of the line. I need to try and get her to change that! Y/n thought.

"Look, that's a great choice but, Cheonsa and her friend, Ally did the same thing to me."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, I asked the Stray Kids members for help and they told me to audition with a girl group performance to play it safe. Cheonsa told me the opposite."
"What? They told me that doing a boy group performance would be playing it safe..."
"Yeah, Cheonsa tries to screw people over a lot, I hear. Her friends definitely have her back. I'm so sorry this is happening."
"No, it's fine, it's just... I don't know if I can trust you either. I mean, Cheonsa and them have been here for a while. How could you know more than her?"
Y/n was kind of taken aback and a little offended but she understood why she felt that way.
"I have talked to the Stray Kids members. Look, I understand how you feel. Some are going to be selfish and screw others over, but I'm not like that. You don't have to believe me but- hey!" Y/n stopped in her tracks and saw Chan and the boys walking by. Everyone stopped what they were doing and began bowing and greeting them.
"Hey Y/n! I was looking for you!" Chan said excitedly.
"Oh, really?" Y/n smiled.
"Y-You guys know each other?" The girl asked.
"Yes, Y/n is my childhood friend! What's your name?" Chan said.
The girl looked at me for a second but then looked back at Chan, "I'm Shia. It's an honor to meet you!"
"It's nice to meet you! Good luck!" Chan said. He then looked back at Y/n, answering her question, "Of course! We can't wait!"
"T-Thank you! Oh, wait! This girl right here- Shia, was told by Joonhi and Leo to dance to Got7!"
"What? Is it true?" Chan said while looking at the girl.
"It is. Look at what they gave me. Is it true that for this audition it's only girl group performances only?"
"Yes. To play it safe, the girls should audition with girl group performances and the boys do boy group performances. They do that because whatever gender you are, you are going to mainly perform for whatever gender that may be. For the next audition, you can do whatever you want. If you audition online, it's different." Chan explained.
"Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!" Shia said.
"I can't believe Cheonsa. How many others has she fooled?" Hyunjin came into the conversation.
"She's really trying." Minho said whilst rolling his eyes.
"What should we do?" Jeongin asked.
"Yeah, I feel like we should do something but how can we? There's so many people here." Felix stated.
"An easier way is to just tell JYP what Cheonsa is doing. We should also mention Ally, Leo and Joonhi because she's telling them to go around with this information."
"But what's going to happen with the people that were fooled? Will they not make the audition?" Changbin worried.
"Oh my gosh, this is so bad." Y/n said, worried as well.
"Don't say that, everything will be okay. I got this." Chan reassured. He then looked back at the boys and nodded at them. They nodded back, knowing they were going to help as best as they could.