Chapter 33 {Anything...}

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future...

Catalaiya's pov:

It's been three weeks since Aziel got hurt and he was doing fine. Yesterday the doctor came to check on him for the third time and he told us that Aziel was healing well. He no longer has a big bandage on his abdomen, just a small one on the wound so that it doesn't rub against his clothes.

He was now able to walk, do his things by himself but he was still on bed rest. He works on his laptop, sometimes in his room, sometimes by the pool depending on his mood.

Whenever I was able to work from home, I did. On the days that I went to the office, I would get random text messages from him telling me that he was bored. So I asked Alfred to get him some cards and some games, whatever can keep him busy. Alfred went to the store and got him the items and they played together but it only distracted him for a week.

Right now I was in the kitchen making some hot chocolate for both of us. I was chilling in my room when he knocked on my door and ask me if I could make some hot chocolate for him. Of course, I agreed.

I put some marshmallows on top before grabbing the cups and making my way to the living room. Aziel was standing by the glass door, looking outside at the pool.

"You can't swim." I reminded him.

He turned toward me and I handed him his cup, "Not yet."

"What's bothering you?" I inquired.

"Surprisingly nothing." He answered making me chuckle.

That's good...

"Should we sit outside on the couch?" He asked me and I nodded. We both walked to the couch outside and sat down, facing the pool.

"Eddie called me this morning. You remember him and Eliza right?" Aziel asked as he looked at me.

Of course, I remember them. They were such a lovely couple.

"Yes I do, did they invite us for another dinner?" I asked making him shake his head no.

"Eliza wanted to know if we were still on for the honeymoon suite." He said making my eyes go wide.

"W-what did you say?" I asked cautiously.

"That I would ask you and confirm with them by tomorrow." He answered firmly.

Oh...

I mean going on vacation sounded relaxing but he was still recovering.

"Do you want to?" I heard him ask.

"You're still recovering." I pointed out.

"I'll be fine by next week, we can go then." He shrugged.

So he does want to go...

"Ok," I agreed.

We both sipped on our hot chocolate while listening to the peaceful sound of the water from the pool.

"Tell me a little bit about yourself." I heard Aziel said. I turned toward him.

Suddenly my mind went blank and I couldn't think about anything about myself.

"What do you want to know?" I questioned.

"Anything you'd like to share..."

"I'm quite boring. My childhood wasn't too good, my teenage years were cringy and the only person that I'm close to is Leo. Now I have a few more people on the list." I replied.

"Your teenager years sounds fun, what did you?" Aziel asked with an amused look on his face.

"All the stupid things... skips classes, had 2 jerks as boyfriends, almost had a tattoo on my waist, use to go car racing at night with Leo..." I trailed off, remembering the old good time.

"What did the jerks do?" He inquired curiously.

"One cheated on me and one left me because I refused to let him touch me... I didn't feel comfortable around him and I knew he was only with me for my money." I explained.

"What about you?" I asked, giving my full attention to him.

"I started training at 10 years old. I went on a fight field at 16 years old and at 18, I was in an office working. Carter and Adam are the only friends that I had and still have. Girlfriends, I only had one and we break up because she was working for one of my dad's enemies to get me down. I never plan to have another one but my mom had other ideas. She liked this girl named Hanna and she wanted us to be together. She wasn't my type so I never did an effort to be with her." He explained.

"You never like any other girl?" I asked and he shook his head no.

"My work and the mafia was my main focus. I didn't pay much attention to girls." He admitted.

We both fell into a comfortable silence again. When we were done with our drink, I grabbed the cups and made my way to the kitchen to wash them. Aziel closed the doors and checked the locks as he waited for me.

Once I was done, I made my way to the stairs. I waited by the steps as Aziel went to dim the lights. Once he was done, we both made our way upstairs.

He stopped in his track and looked at me. I thought that he was simply going to tell me goodnight but I was wrong. He leaned forward and surprised me by kissing my cheek. I froze looking at him. All the butterflies in my stomach were fully awake.

"Goodnight," he smiled.

"G-goodnight."

He shook his head.

"I'm not going to accept a plain goodnight," he said firmly and I instantly understood what he meant.

I took a step forward, put my hand on his shoulder before standing on my tiptoe. I reach to kiss his cheek and he had to lean a little bit since I was way shorter than him. I felt his hand on my back and when I pulled away, he didn't move. He just stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face, making me get lost in his eyes.

A few minutes later, he finally snapped out of his thoughts and blinked.

"See you tomorrow," he says softly as he removed his hand.

"See you,"

We both walked the opposite way to our room.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah