🌟Chapter 4 🌟

The auctioneer's body fell to the floor like a puppet whose strings had been cut, and for a moment all was quiet. Then, as she stepped out of the cage, the audience came to life, shouting and screaming, running for the exits- Wren didn't care about them. She turned and headed back towards the cells, throwing the man who shackled her against the wall. It was so easy, to throw them through the air like rag dolls. He hit the stone with a sickening cracking sound. And he didn't get up.

Her power was exhilarating, Wren thought as she lifted her hands to unlock the cells one after another. The thrill that ran through her body was like a high she couldn't get enough of- breaking through a wall of stone was a wave of power, torrents so strong she could be swept under at any minute- but she wouldn't. It was hers, this power was hers- and it would listen to her. Because Wren was it's master, and the power of the mind was not something to underestimate.

As the slaves began to pour out of the auction house, she headed down the hallway to her own cell, where the girl still sat in a stupor. Wren leaned down and smiled, offering her non-bloodied hand (she would have to wipe her the other later) to the girl. "Come on!" Wren shouted over the din of the cheers of the escapees. "Let's go!" The girl took her hand. And thus began her grand revolution.

~🌟~

The girl's name was Beidou, she learned, and they had parted ways shortly after their escape. After all, both girls had their own lives to live, and Beidou, apparently, wanted to become a pirate. "That's why I was here in the first place," She said sheepishly. "I was trying to join a crew and then one of these guys came and 'napped me." She was an interesting person, Wren thought as she set off once more.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a man dressed in a crisp, gray uniform and wearing an ornate mask. A fatui member? What was he doing here? The man froze for a moment, then spun on his heel towards her. His mouth curved into a wry grin, and he stepped forward. Then, for the second time within 24- hours, Wren blacked out.

~🌟~

She woke up wrapped in a fur blanket. Wren frowned as she fingered the fluffy fabric. It was thick, and very warm- and most likely very expensive. Where was she? Wren looked up and pulled down the tarp over her head, only to snap it shut at the cold gust of wind that blew down from the small opening. It was so cold! Where was she? Dragonspine? Ignoring the text that appeared in her mind, she fell back onto the wood, silently noting that she was on a moving vehicle of some sort. Probably a carriage, because of the way the wheels creaked as they headed down the dirt path. Wren sat on her heels and peered through a hole in the wood.

Was this Snezhnaya? Now she understood why it was thought of as the realm of the Cyro archon. Everywhere Wren looked, there was snow. Endless piles of it, covering the mountains and falling from the sky in white, fluffy flakes. Ice spread across frozen rivers, and when she squinted, she could make out the faint outlines of baby blue Cyro slimes. So cute...

Suddenly, the carriage lurched to a halt, and her face smashed into the wood in front of her. Wren winced and rubbed her nose gingerly as the tarp was pulled open to reveal the masked face of a pink haired woman staring down at her. She cocked her head and gave her a calculating look. Wren froze, and after a moment of hesitation, shrank back, attempting to look as vulnerable as possible. In this case, it was best to give the woman the benefit of the doubt and act as the lesser being here. The woman seemed to buy her act, scoffing as she turned to the side to shout something in Snezhnayain. 

Sighing, the woman pulled her towards her, helping her off the carriage. Her bare feet collided with the cold concrete. They weren't outside anymore, but the cold had seeped through into the indoors. Why was everything so cold? The woman wrenched her arm towards her, pulling back the sleeve of her dress. Wren watched in horror as she pulled out a metal contraption and pressed it to her arm.