'I Don't Care If You're Contagious' 11

Nathan awoke to the steady stream of sunlight warming his face and the smell of coffee in the air. He let out a puff of air that moved the hair that had fallen in his face back, wrapping the blanket over his naked body he rolled over on the big bed burying deeper. He failed at saying no; he failed of not giving in and refusing. It was just one big FAIL. Nathan buried his face into the big feather pillow and yelled.

“ fuck fuck fuck fuck!”

Had to give in one day, he knew it was soon to happen and it just had to happen today. Alexander always had a way of handling him he knew all of Nathans weaknesses and turn-on’s . Knew he liked cockiness and being rough, knew he liked his smile and especially when he was splattered with paint.

Nathan could feel it again deep in his chest, the steady thump of his heart beat and the growing anticipation that was growing within with every breath. All his feelings he tried to hide from the retard Alex all came back.

“ fucking shit” He mumbled, getting up wrapping the sheet around his naked waist since his clothes were no where on the ground. Nathan stretched and let a yawn out and inhaled the coffee, his stomach rumbled signalling hunger. He glanced out the big glass windows at the growing sun rise that was just beginning to rise above the tree tops, remembering why he used to love it out here so much.

Reluctantly he hung his head low and started to shuffle his feet towards the door to the wood stair case that led to the open kitchen and Alex’s studio. The steady thump of slow music filled the hair and Alex’s humming, Nathan smiled to himself because he knew that Alex was painting something beautiful. When ever Alexander knew he had a great piece of canvas work he always hummed.

Nathan tiptoed past the kitchen clutching the sheet around his waist tighter away from the morning coldness that came in from the open front door. He never understood why Alex always liked it cold in the house when he worked. Peeking around the corner he took in everything, Alexander was shirtless with nothing but a pair of ripped baggy faded jeans with different colors of pale pastel colours decorating it. He took in his hands clutching the worn out pain brush and the different buckets and tubes of paint that lay scattered on the floor around him. He liked the way that Alexander’s eyes were almost off in the distance thinking, and how his eyes brows scrunched up at the top from all the concentration. How he bit his lower lip sometimes when he was deciding then next colour that should be used. The way his jaw line curved and the formation of his lips, the way tha-

Nathan shook his head, this was just a one night thing. Nothing more and he was here to get his check and that was it, nothing more. Nathan coughed interrupting Alex’s creation flow.

“ Uhmm I’m just gonna have a quick cup of coffee, get my check and leave… but uhmmm I guess thanks for the hospitality?” Nathan tilted his head a bit and grinned, trying to act normal , a sarcastic fool with to much mixed emotion buried deep.

Alex stared at him and didn’t say anything, setting down his paint brush and wiping his hands on his jeans he walked over to him. Nathan stared back uneasy by the lack of reaction, his eyes trailed to Alex’s face to his chest and the little specks of blue and yellows that covered it. He felt blush creep up and directed his eyes to the ground until he could see two sets of feet, his and Alex’s. It was quiet , and the music stopped playing, the only sounds were the steady singing of the birds outside. Nathan thought he could hear Alex’s heart beat drum to his at the same time.

Warm hands cupped his face and brought his head up, Alex’s distant eyes stared into his.

“ You know… you look so much like your mother when your scared” Alex mumbled well he gently pushed Nathan’s hair away from his face for a better look.

“ I miss her so much Nathan and your sister, I hope you know…that last night… I wasn’t … It wasn’t meant to go like that. I just missed you that’s it. I miss your mom and your sister, I wanted your presence near me. I don’t know what it is… but you make me happy when your near, those months you didn’t come, I couldn’t paint. I was lost, but I don’t know what happened”

Alex looked back at his canvas, his art that flowed so perfectly together with all the colours mixed in it was almost to hard to believe that a person created it.

“ I woke up late at night when you were sleeping, I took one look at you sleeping peacefully under the blankets. And it hit me like a breath of air, I wanted to paint. I needed it, and that painting back there that I created” Alex gestured back towards the canvas then fixed his gaze back to Nathans.

“ That painting is for you, it’s what I feel deep in here” Alex grabbed Nathans hand and laid it on his chest.

Nathan’s breath caught at Alex’s words, it’s been such a long time since anyone mentioned his family. Come again the only one that knew was Alex, not even Ash knew. Nathan closed his and felt Alex’s heart beat beneath his hand, he craved his warmth against his body again. Nathan bit his lip, he felt tears starting to build up in the corners of his eyes.

“ Nathan… please don’t cry. Don’t be afraid of me, I know… you must think mean of me or vile things. But whatever wrong your thinking, just stop and give me time to show you who I really am. I care about you Nathan more then you know, I just need you to see it and understand it to”

Nathan looked up at Alex who wiped his tears away with his hand, he stared deep into his eyes, and felt him self nod his head giving in once again.