Chapter 9 [Just like your father]

Ecclesiastes 12:7

And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

TRIGGER WARNING! Abuse and death. (the two dont relate to each other)

Austin

I'm at home, waiting for ma to come back, I got a whole table set up for her, i know how ma loves her extra stuff. I put a bunch of rose petals on the table. I have to make it up to her for leaving her for so long, i should have never picked aaliyah over her. i cant believe she even compared me to my father.

I start to remember what my childhood was like. That one time i woke up early from sleep. I was 6 years old and it was a dark night. Outside was quiet and the sky pitch black. I went to look for my ma because i was having a horrible nightmare, only to wake up to the greatest nightmare a child can ever experience. I peaked through the crack of the living room door. I see ma's Face planted on the carpet. My father on top of her. Beating her, her screams being suppressed by his big hand over her mouth. I see bruises...Scars. Then within a second she looks my direction. Her eyes widened when she saw me.

"mommy?" i said, my voice being faint. She screamed over and over as she was being hit violently. I ran upstairs when i couldn't  see anymore, but what i did see was enough to never forget.

and the fact my mother would compare me to him hurt. I will never be like that! Ever. I light a candle and get ready for my ma to walk through the doors. I sit down on the seat across from her's and pull out my phone. I see my notifications are full of texts from Aaliyah. she is mad that i didnt come home, she is mad that i picked ma over her again.

Why is she so selfish. Why cant she just realize that i need to make sure my ma is okay. I slam a hand on my face. Its been almost an hour now and she isnt here.... another hour passed by, then another and by now im ridiculously mad. I pick up my phone and see 8 missed calls from random caller.

My heart stops when i hear what the caller has to say....

*

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP .

I'm beside the hospital bed. Ma is in the bed with tubes and crap going up her nose. I can hear the sound of the heart rate machine, there are still slow beats. It can annoy some but to me it sounds like the most beautiful song ever. This melody is what is keeping me sane. The doctor says the chances she will recover are low.

I almost fainted when i heard the ambulance tell me she was just involved in a car crash. The fact that she could be stuck like this because of someone else's drunk ass rages me. I calm myself down when i feel ma's hand wrap around mine. She was breathing heavily and they sounded like her lungs were full of water. Ma always took care of me, always and i let her down. I let her down like my father did. Tears begin to fill my eyes at the thought of it.

"You....."

My eyes shoot open when i hear my moms faint voice her words barely comes out. But she is speaking! This could be promising. I lean in and clutch her hand as she slowly opens her mouth to speak again.

"You... you... promised" she said taking big gasps between each word.

"I know... ma im so sorry!" I start bawling my eyes out.

"You said.. you said you would..... you would protect me."

"Im sorry ma! forgive me please im so sorry!" I place my head down at her arm and she tries to shake my head off of her. She is so right, i should have been there, i shouldn't have been with Aaliyah that day! If Aaliyah didn't make me go on that stupid dinner date with her then ma wouldn't have gotten into that car and this whole accident wouldn't have happened!

"No... no.. your.. just like.. cough cough.. just like your father.... cough cough.." I broke down into a mix of my own cries and tears. That sentence always broke me. Now from my own mother's mouth. Its confirmed, im just like him.. and its all because of Aaliyah!

"Ma, please stop.." she coughs a few more times and before i knew it, her dry coughs turned bloody, her sweet music machine was slowing down more..

"Ma!"

and more...

"Ma, please dont do this to me!"

and more...

"Please forgive me!"

and more..

"Im so sorry....."

then My mother's sweet music stopped....

*

This chapter is a lot

Please vote and do tell me what you thought about this chapter :)

God bless