00.18

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | eighteen 」   ❛❛ found guilty on several accounts❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | eighteen
❛❛ found guilty on several accounts
╚═══════════════╝

I LOOK AT THE DOCUMENTS in my hand, dropping them on my mother's work desk. "Sign the company over to me." I grab a pen from the cup on her desk, placing it right on top of the contract.

"And why would I do that?" She snarks back. She's been in a mood ever since she found out my father is in another country with some other woman. But she's always in a mood, so no shocker there.

"Sign the damn papers, or I'll use my 55% of this company that I inherited to take you down from the pedestal you sit so arrogantly upon." When my grandfather died, it was stated in his will that I inherited 55% of this company and it's funds. She and my father hid it from me for 4 years. I was supposed to find out when I turned 18, two years ago but I happen to live in a family full of liars.

She stutters, her face going pale. "How do you know about that?"

"I know a lot of things mother, like how you're going to be locked up for the rest of your life."

"Don't spout nonsense." She says, but I can see the fear on her face, hear the tremble in her voice.

"Sign the papers Iradessa."

"This is coercion, you know that right?"

"Don't spout the law to me right now, mother. I honestly don't have the time or energy for it." She sighs in defeat, signing the papers and I snatch them, walking to leave the room.

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere far away from you. And by the way, good luck in whatever hellhole you'll be in. I hear the hospitality is great." A chuckle leaves my lips as several cops enter the room.

Finally, something has gone right in the past two weeks. Ever since my encounter with Arsyn I just decided that I'll deal with my parents first then deal with whatever the fuck is going on with us.

And there's obviously a couple of things we need to talk about as a part of the "taking it slow" process. Yes, it was wrong of me to ghost her like that without telling her what was wrong, but I'm so in shock that I haven't thought to contact her.

My whole Incognito alias has been fraternizing with Syn...Arsyn. How the hell did I not notice this sooner? Does she even know that I'm incognito?