00.19

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | nineteen 」   ❛❛ how did we get here ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | nineteen
   ❛❛ how did we get here
╚═══════════════╝

"MANY FANS OF THE SAITO family— more specifically Arsyn Saito, have found out one of her biggest secrets. According to some fans who only got a glimpse of the posts, allegedly say she is a viral porn star. That's right folks, a pornstar. How does Elian Arquette feel about that? Three weeks ago, it was said that she posted another video, but uploaded a photo of her face along with it—" I shut the television off before she can say more.

"Really, Arsyn?" My father asks, with disappointment written all over his face. I would have accepted his anger, but disappointment? Sheesh. It's almost as if he didn't meet my mother in a strip club.

"Don't do that, dad. I'm an adult, I can do whatever I please."

"Yes, you can do as you please. But how could you let this get out to the public? I'm not mad that you're doing what you want to do, you're 19 years old, you're growing up. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that. But I can stop you from ruining your life." He sighs, and my heart cracks a little. "I'm going to call the news agency and have your face and name taken down from this scandal in the tabloids. Not many people know about it yet, and we'll make sure it stays like that until you're ready to tell the world you're a pornstar." And with that, he walks away.

My lip trembles as I fight to hold back my tears. There's nothing worse than your parents feeling disappointed in you when you could have done something to stop it. Maybe this is my karma for doing something so illicit when your parents are known all over the world.

I look at my mother who has a look of sympathy on her face, she opens her arms wide for me and I rush into them, hugging her tightly.

"It's okay, widē. You're an adult, and you chose to do something you wanted to do. I can't be mad at you for that." She pulls my head back, cupping my face in between her hands to wipe the tears from my cheeks.

"Did I ever tell you why I became a stripper?" She suddenly asks.

"Because you were struggling to make ends meet after your parents cut you off?"

"Well, yes. But also because I wanted to. I could've joined the family business like my parents wanted. But I didn't. I practiced pole dancing my whole life in secret before I was on the big stage and my parents found out."

"But then they changed their minds, sad about me not being in their lives so they accepted me. And I juggled my place at the company and being a stripper. And I met your father that way, so I don't regret a thing."