00.26

vote • comment • follow

╔═══════════════╗「 chapter | twenty-six 」   ❛❛ the birthday boy ❞  ╚═══════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
chapter | twenty-six
   ❛❛ the birthday boy
╚═══════════════╝

"HOW DOES IT FEEL TO finally be eighteen? And when was the last time you oiled your head, boy?" My mother asks Rivyn. Her and my father have been on a business trip in Japan for the past three weeks or so. But they wouldn't miss Rivyn's eighteenth birthday, or his graduation that's almost a month from now.

"Arsyn was supposed to buy me more Jamaican Castor Oil, but she forgot."

"Hey, you have a car now. Do it yourself."

"But you're supposed—wait, I have a what?" He hurriedly unwraps the gift in his hand that was being concealed in but comes up empty handed—Courtesy of Hayden for being a clown. Hayden laughs from her place on the couch, holding her belly.

I hold up the keys of his new Maserati, and his mouth drops open in shock. He runs toward me, grabbing the keys and he rushes outside.

I run out after him, watching as he stares at the Maserati Quattroporte sitting in the driveway. Our parents come out, and Rivyn runs toward them, giving them both a hug. They laugh, "We weren't the ones who bought this, but we appreciate the gesture anyway." Rivyn's face frowns in confusion then he looks at me and I nod.

"I fucking love you." He screams, wrapping his arms around me and tears fight to leave my eyes. "私も愛しているよ, Riv." I plant a kiss on the side of his head. [ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏᴏ]

"Don't call me that," He grumbles but he's still happy nonetheless.

"How did you buy this?"

"Mom and dad were in Japan because they were putting the company in my name. It'll take a couple of months for it to be finalized, but ARKS Enterprise will be mine. And I have money stashed away, don't worry your little head about it."

"Aren't you going to take it for a test drive?" Our dad asks, his eyes smiling along with his lips.
Rivyn smiles but shakes his head, "I'll do it later. But right now, I need some of the kare-raisu dad made. I am starving." He rushes back into the house after pocketing his keys and a small chuckle leaves my lips. [ᴄᴜʀʀʏ ʀɪᴄᴇ]

"That boy is going to be the death of me," our mom says as my father hugs her into his side.

"Not me, right after his graduation, I'm going on vacation in Seychelles." I shake my head, a small smile gracing my face.