chapter twenty - ytnewt retpahc

Readers. Grab your popcorn. Take one last sip through your straw. Put that chocolate bar down.

We're about to make this chapter our bitch.

++NOT EDITED I SWEAR I'M SORRY+

Isaac growled and chucked a head towards us, shattering the glass. People tripped over shards and screamed. Some bust past us and tried to run for the doors. Grim's fog drifted through the air, climbing up glass windows and doors, concealing us from the outside world. No one was getting in until everyone got out.

And we weren't going anywhere.

Grim dropped the dead angel and removed his scythe that appeared in his hand. "You do understand how much I want to kill this bastard right."

"I do, my little tulip. I really do."

Isaac grabbed onto the legs of a man and then his arms, slowly stretching the poor guy in front of us.

"I would say the sad part of this is that we need to let him eat," my ex said. "But we don't have hearts." He paused and glanced down at me. "Well, I know I don't. I don't know about you."

"I've told you a thousand times. I'm allergic to emotions. They clog these things called fucks that I'm supposed to give. Heard of them?" I brightly smiled.

"Just don't let him each too much," Grim grumbled with an eye roll. But I saw that twitch of a smile and did so. "He just needs to consume enough to satisfy the part where he control. After that, it'll be up to Isaac to allow the demons to control him or not."

Isaac tore the man apart, the floppy body pieces held up by red hands.

"What a plan, tulip," I cooed.

"You're despicable."

I laughed, giving him a wink before sticking a sword into the passing woman. Her gasp flew through one ear and out the other. Then as if Grim and I had telepathic powers, exchanged knowing glances. Why wait for Isaac to eat when we could feed him ourselves?

Grim whistled, catching Isaac's attention. The monster dropped a half-eaten torso and that was the last I saw of them as they disappeared behind the slot machines.

I scooped another human, stabbing through his back with the same sword. Soon, a line of humans were across my sword, their limbs still twitching. "This is taking a pupil kabob into a whole new level," I grimly said and wiggled my sword. Arms flapped up and down. Some gagging and screams. Still alive. Wonderful.

"Dinner is served, boys!" I sang. That was when Grim came running from around the corner, Isaac chasing him like a maniac. "Raw human BBQ on a stick!" I called out and tossed it up. Isaac's nose twitched and with a whiff of human blood, he bounced and caught the sword with a string of humans in the blade. Blood splashed across my face and I covered my eyes with my hand, catching glimpses of Isaac's fangs rip at the human rubber. It was both satisfying and messed up. Exactly how I liked it.

And no, it didn't turn me on. God, I wasn't a sexy bastard or something. Wasn't that sick.

I then spoke in this real sincere, Abraham Lincoln voice that made me seem like a good girl. A good girl. God that killed me.

"Isaac..." His eyes snapped up from the flesh. "Isaac." I watched his veins shrink, the battle of colours within his eyes. Black, blue, green, black again. "Fight it, baby." I put my hand on his, drops of blood trickling down my hand. He flinched. I held his gaze, feeling his frustration, applying my calmness. "Fight it," I whispered.

His body twitched and slowly, his arms shrunk, body going back to its normal size.

I cupped his pale cheeks, the redness hot under my fingers. He put his hand over mine, pressing my hand closer to his cheek. He held my gaze, and I stroked a thumb under his eye.