A Brave New World

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

Its been painstaking work to fix up the city of Meereen. I have to admit I am impressed the level of damage the Masters could cause before being burnt to a crisp.

The Sons of the Harpy are all gone. What was left of them were massacred by the Dothraki horde lead by Daario and thrown into Slaver's Bay. But, now it conveniently has a new name: The Bay of Dragons.

I like that name.

Tyrion Lannister has come as a surprise to me. When I first saw him in the Meereense fighting pit, I ignored him because of the situation we were in. But now I'm finding myself grow angry. Admittedly, he is a good advisor but I can tell all he is is a lion that's lost it's roar.

But other than a few small things like that, Meereen is at peace. People in the streets are happy from what I can see. The former slaving cities of Essos have changed permanently. And if any decide to revert back to the old ways...well, I'm sure they'll think twice.

"Your hair is getting long enough to braid now."

Daenerys says absentmindedly as she runs her soft fingers through my curly hair, making me smile happily.

"I'm glad."

"Whenever a Dothraki gains a victory over another, they braid their hair to signify their victories."

"So that's why you have so many?"

I remark with a grin as she nods, placing a soft kiss on my lips before laying her head back on the soft pillow. We lay in there in bed lazily as there is nothing for either of us to do today. In the bedroom, Queen Daenerys can pretend just for a little bit that she isn't a queen.

Daenerys reaches her hand up, tracing the scar over my eye from the Kingslayer with her index finger.

"You have had many victories...few defeats..."

She whispers and I look down at her with a smile.

"You are my greatest victory, Dany."

She places her lips on mine for the umpteenth time that morning as the familiar but never boring duel of tongues ensues again. Suddenly, there is a knock on the door but Daenerys ignores it.

Another knock and a voice.

"Your Grace?"

A female voice asks and Daenerys groans a little bit, separating from me. The pout from her is cute and I smirk.

"Lovely."

I whisper with a grin and she looks to the door.

"What is it, Missandei?"

"Your Grace has visitors."

"From where?"

"They say they are from Westeros."

Daenerys and I sit up and stand from the bed, rushing to put our clothes back on. Daenerys slips on her dress whilst I throw on my trousers and blouse, strapping my sword to my waist and not bothering to strap Dawn.

I carry the sword with me as Daenerys opens the door.

"They say they are from Westeros?"

She asks and Missandei nods.

"Their names are Yara and Theon Greyjoy."

For just a moment, everything freezes at the mention of Theon. And just for a moment, all I see is red.

"That son of a bitch.."

I storm past Missandei, walking in a fast pace to the throne room.

"Evelyn! What is it? What's wrong?"