four

"I'm Kate Bishop. This is Wednesday Elliot, my best friend," Kate mumbled, looking between Clint and Wednesday with an awestruck expression.

"You're kids. My God. How did you get this suit?" Clint looked at Kate again, stepping back as he held up the mask he'd taken off Kate.

Kate just opened her mouth, gaping at him.

Clint sighed as sirens started wailing from somewhere not far from them.

"Lookit. We gotta get you out of here. Okay? It's not safe for you to be in this. Do you live near here?" Clint looked between them.

"Yeah. We live just..." Kate trailed off as Clint nodded, grabbing his backpack from beside them and Kate's bag that he'd grabbed, too.

"Okay. Yeah. Okay. Here, take this. Are you two okay?" Clint said, shoving them at Kate.

"I'm really fine. I..." Kate trailed off. Wednesday sighed and grabbed Kate's hand, pulling her forward.

"Come on. Let's go," Clint said.

"I saw a dead body," Kate looked at Wednesday.

"You're finally on my level," Wednesday muttered.

"This way," Clint ushered them down the alleyway.

"It was a first," Kate said.

"We'll talk about it when you get there," Clint said.

"Where'd you learn to fight?" Clint looked at Wednesday and Kate as they walked Clint back to their apartment. They were holding hands tightly and Wednesday had removed her hood and mask to reveal her face.

"I, uh, started taking martial arts when I was five," Kate said.

"Boxing, too," Wednesday said. "We met in ballet class, though," she said.

"Wow. So, like, a year ago?" Clint said.

"Are... Are you assessing threats? Is that what you're doing?" Kate asked.

"Something like that," Clint said.

"That's how you operate? You're just constantly looking for things that are suspicious or weird?" Kate frowned.

"Uh-huh," Clint said.

"Well, that seems exhausting," Wednesday said.

"Look, just so you know, I'm not some total noob, right? Um... I was a little overwhelmed, but I held my own with those douchebags," Kate said.

"We're right here," Wednesday pointed at their building, pulling her keys out.

"She held her own with those douchebags," Clint pointed at Wednesday. "Wednesday, did you say?" Clint looked at her.

"Yes," Wednesday said.

"Your parents really called you Wednesday?" Clint said.

"Yes," Wednesday said.

"Where's Pugsley and Fester?" Clint smirked.

"It's the day of the week, not the character. Back to Kate's ego, now, please," Wednesday said, starting to flick through her keys to find the right one.

"Um, some people have called me the world's greatest archer," Kate said.

"Yeah? Are you one of those people? Is your girlfriend one?" Clint looked between Kate and Wednesday.

"Well... Yes," Kate mumbled.

"That's wonderful," Clint said.

"Yeah," Kate nodded.