Chapter 10 [The name of the Lord is a strong tower...]

Aaliyah

BANG.

I think back to where this all began. Before his mom died he was never like this. He loved me, talked to me, cared for me. He would've never hurt me, never put a hand on me, But as soon as his mother died it set off a switch. He started blaming me, it was my fault. I shouldn't have told him to come on a date with me.

Even though it was a year ago he never truly healed from his pain and trauma. He still lives in that house that his mom use to share with him. He still drives the same car that they use to own together. He started drinking more, staying out late and before i knew it he started hitting me and now here i am.. about to be hurt once again.

My heart is beating out of my chest as i hear the slow footsteps and the door slowly creak open. God... Please don't forsake me, who am i kidding, its too late....

"Aaliyah?"

I slowly lift my head from my knees where they were tucked tightly, oh my lord... ITS DESTINY!!! DESTINY!

My adrenaline causes me to jumped up, ignoring my pains and aches and grab my sister in for the tightest hug possible. She pulls my face away from her shoulder and looks at my face. I fall straight back to my knees and begin to thank God. My shirt is soaked in my tears. I begin to sob my eyes out. "Thank you God!" I repeat unconsciously. I haven't talked to God in years, why he chose to answer my prayer now i will never understand. My sister was taken back and gave me the most awkward look ever i could tell she was uncomfortable but for some reason i didn't care what she thought. I just kept saying thank you God. I almost starting rolling on the ground until my sister got on her knees with me and held me close to her chest. We started uncontrollably sniveling and were engulfed in our own tears.

She pulled my head back for a second to look at my face. Her eyes almost pop out of her head as she looks at my bruises. "What the heck happened Aaliyah?" her voice is weak as her tears flow from her eyes.

"I- I..." I cant even get the words out.. i dont even know where to begin.

"Im caling the ambulance." I quickly grab her arm and pull her back

"No. no please don't." I beg her. The last thing i need right now is to be some type of victim or advocate for abuse, I'm way too far in my business to have to deal with that. Oh my gosh, My JOB! I'm late to late AGAIN! I throw my head back when all these thoughts overwhelm me.

"Aaliyah!" Destiny shakes me out of my trance and She is holding my face tight and i let out a sharp suck in pain from when Austin grabbed my face. Oh my gosh.. Austin. I immediately have a nervous expression on my face.

"Where is he?" I say while searching destiny's face for an answer.

"He is gone, don't worry."

"Gone? gone where?" I start panicking and stressing out. He couldn't have left me. No, he didn't, we are supposed to be in love. He was supposed to love me.

"As soon as i got past him he ran like a baby to his car and drove off."

"Drove where? is he coming back?" I was completely scared, i have never been alone. Not for years, why did he leave me? I cant do this without him.

"I need to get to work.. i need to get there quickly!" i say and quickly wipe my tears off while getting up slowly.

" No Aaliyah, are you crazy you have just been abused you need to get to bed, you need to get some rest..." She says while trying to snap me from my hectic state.

"I need to get to work destiny, please.. i cant get fired." I started scrambling around the room trying to get my mind ready, i cant bother stressing around this... for now.

"Aaliyah.." she grabs my arms and i flinch. When is this going to heal?

"please go to sleep, get some rest for me.. for me. Please." I look in her eyes and see how worried she is. Thats when i finally decide to give out and get some sleep.

I walk upstairs and she holds my hand through every step. She runs the shower for me and gets all the soaps ready. I am sitting on the bed, staring into space, thinking about everything. Thinking about the fact i was just abused, the fact he left me, and most importantly the fact that God answered me... he actually answered me. I almost start crying again when i realise what God just did for me. I was never able to trust in him before, to ask him for anything. I have to do something to show him my appreciation. I have to...

Destiny then tells me the stuff is ready and helps me up from the bed. She tells me she is going to clean downstairs up and get a first aid kit from the store. I begged her to stay. I didnt know if i would be able to be alone, the worst thing is to be alone with my thoughts but she promised she wouldn't go too far.

so i went in the shower and an hour later she gave came back and helped me with my wounds, she gave me an ice pack, sat beside me while i laid in bed and  told me how it was all going to be okay. She read the letters and notes and i explained everything to her, after a while i had nodded out and before i went to sleep i remembered an old verse i learned a while ago from the time i went to church.. do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. I repeat this to myself a few times and fall into sleep.

*

How do you guys feel about this chapter? was the cliff hanger worth the wait? Are you guys relieved that she is free? How do you feel about her introduction to God?

If you are enjoying this please vote and comment it would help a lot.

God bless :)