05. COMMISSIONS (TOGETHER.)

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

you spin your blade against the hilichurl, the enemy thrown back before dissolving into thin air. as you continue your protective stance, your head turns to see kaeya. his hand raises in a strong grip, icicles shot towards the other hilichurl before it dies. you chuckle proudly, giving kaeya a high-five. you, amber, and kaeya had decided to take onto a commission in dragonspine, out to see albedo. he's supposed to give you something for sucrose, which amber is currently doing.

amber already knew that chemistry was brewing between you both, and this commission was an easy way to get you both to clear her suspicions. ever since she's left, a bunch of hilichurls had decided to gang up on you and kaeya, so, in the patience of amber, you fought them.

"y/n," kaeya voices out, your eyes meeting. "it's quite cold in dragonspine, no? how are you not freezing?"

"i could ask you the same, alberich," his last name causes him to snicker. "i mean, it's in pyro blood not to freeze too much. i presume your cryo vision grants you the same ability, no?"

"it may offer me that talent, but you? not so much," he responds, starting to take off his cape. you raise an eyebrow as the fur is pieced from his body, his throat clearing and hand pursuing its path towards you. "here, put this on."

you shake your head, grinning. "it's alright, kaeya. i appreciate it, though-"

"it wasn't much of a choice, here," he grabs your arm, softly pulling you over. as he places your body in front of his, his arms wrap around your body like a bow. his breath blows softly against your ear, his soft exhale sending tingles down your frame. clicking the pieces of his cape together, he smiles in hopes you're warm. "ah, you look nice in blue. maybe you should've gotten a cryo element instead."

you can't help but laugh, somewhat flattered. "thanks, kaeya."

amber raises an eyebrow from the cliff, sitting on the edge. "those two... hm, master jean will be pleased."

you hand some flowers to hertha, who happily takes them. "thank you, y/n. your intake for this request will surely help her."

"it's no problem!" you exclaim happily, smiling. "i love helping people in mondstadt. i love everyone in mondstadt."

hertha can't help but giggle alongside you, kaeya watching as he steps down the stairs. even though he's unable to show his happiness, it's there. "as our new cavalry captain, all your efforts are often appreciated. i know it's hard, especially with all the new jobs you have, but i hope you're okay with it."

"it's awesome, hertha. though most of my team is on an expedition, i'm happy to have even the smallest bit of company on my side. for example, kaeya," you're ready to talk sweetly about him, which pauses him in his steps towards you and hertha. "though he was a little bit pushy at first, i can't help but be happy in his guidance. he's a sweetheart."

"oh?" hertha questions, seeing the blotchy pink upon your face. "it seems your heart swoons for such a person."

"he's just my acquaintance, that's all!" you nervously scratch your head. "now, go, hertha! you also have some jobs to do, no?"

hertha can't help but chuckle at your panic, nodding slowly as you push her away. as she walks out the outer doors of mondstadt, you wipe your forehead. "that almost went out of control- kaeya!"

you almost gasp as you're swung to the town walls, almost hitting the bounty boards. the papers fly, but all that's in front of you is kaeya and his amused facial expression. you gulp, getting the hint. "you... overheard us, right?"

"it seems you've found a person in me, y/n," he whispers just barely, your conversation becoming private. "i hope you know i feel the same."

"huh?" 

"i... want to be more than just acquaintances with you, y/n."