CHAPTER 12

The trio were all but speeding down the highway as Natasha was trying to cover their tracks on a computer, Alayna was laying in the back seat, and ever so suddenly the shadows took her somewhere else.

The shadows had brought her a visual of what she needed to see.

Alayna looked to her right and saw Alexander Pierce seeming to be in his home. Pierce goes to his kitchen to get a drink when he sees the Winter Soldier sat behind behind him with his gun on the table. Her eyes widened as she sees him too, not feeling his shadow like she normally would be able too.

She sighed, that seemed like a common trend these days.

She continued looking at the man and realized something.

So thats who "killed" her father. The soldier.

"I'm going to go, Mr. Pierce. You need anything before I leave?" Alayna looks up to see what looks like to be a housekeeper.

Renata.

Thats what the girls shadow showed her, the name Renata.

"No. Uh...it's fine, Renata, you can go home." Pierce says right away.

"Okay, night-night."

"Good night." Pierce then turns to the Winter Soldier. "Want some milk?"

Alayna looked over as the Winter Soldier doesn't reply.

"The timetable has moved. Our window is limited. Two targets, Level Six." Pierce says as he pours himself a glass of milk and goes over to join the Winter Soldier at the table. "They already cost me Zola. I want confirmed death in ten hours."

There was a silence that was thick before Pierce continues.

"I also have an add on to the mission. One target, Level Nine. I want her back alive, she needs to come back home."

Alayna's eyes widened.

No.

She gets distracted as Renata interrupts them as she enters the kitchen.

"Sorry, Mr. Pierce, I...I forgot my phone." Renata says as she notices the Winter Soldier.

"Oh, Renata. I wish you would have knocked." Pierce says as he picks up the gun from the table and shoots which kills her.

"No! "Alayna shouted.

Pierce stiffens for a moment and so does the soldier.

"What was that?" Pierce says thickly.

And as quickly as she had been put into the situation Alayna was drawn out of it.

Now she was back in the car. Alayna looked around scared she might be transported back any second, this had been a new occurrence with her powers they would take her places she needed to be. In which the situations were dire in order to change something. In order to show Alayna information from the past and present, maybe even the future. Alayna had no idea.

"Alayna?" Natasha asked. "Are you alright? You look as if you have seen a ghost."

"May as well have seen one." Alayna answered finally out of her trance.

Steve looks back at her and knows that its something more than that as he furrowed his eyebrows. Alayna makes eye contact through her blindfold with the man, and could practically feel the worry without her powers. She pushed reassurance towards him with her empath ability, and didn't really worry about it. Alayna knew they would have to talk eventually but, in reality she just wanted sleep right now.