CHAPTER 13

There he was.

Laying there like nothing had happened at all.

Bucky Barnes had killed this man.

That is what she was told.

That is not what she felt.

But no one listened to her.

No one believed her.

Even when she had told them that it was true.

When she knew it was true.

Alayna watched as an eerie silence filled the room after her statement. Steve felt guilty as he stared at Alayna, as she was leaning on him. Natasha felt sadness. Sam felt perplexed.

Yet her father, the man who raised her wasn't feeling a thing.

He was calm.

She however was not.

"When were you going to tell me?" Alayna asked looking into her father's eyes.

"Now Lunar I was going too but-"

"Bullshit." Alanya said forcefully. "When were you going to tell me?"

The others looked on quite uncomfortable between this situation between father and daughter. They didn't know what to do, besides comfort the raging daughter. Who's glare was fiercely on her father, through her blindfold.

"When the time was right."

"And when was that? Before or after you got shot in the chest?" Alayna inquired.

Nick Fury sighed. Which made the onlookers wide-eyed Nick Fury was many things, but he did not sigh, not at all. Alayna felt the surprise and brushed it off as she kept glaring at her adoptive father.

"I don't know whether I'm your daughter or your soldier." She whispered, but it was heard by everyone clear as day in the silent room.

Maria Hill then took this as a sign to get the others out of the room. She helped Natasha up while getting, Sam to tug Steve away from Alayna which was quite hard to do. The soldier wanted to stay by her side. To tell her that he was sorry for how he acted. For not believing in her, when he needed too. When she needed him too.

As they were pushed out of the room, the door closed behind them with a small click, as the doctors left too.

Leaving the father and daughter alone together.

"You lied to me again, first it was Phase 2, then about the mission, and now this? D-dad I thought you were dead! And everyone thought I was crazy because...I said you weren't, because I could still feel your shadow." Alayna said breaking the silence.

She was tired of the lies between them. It needed to change or there would be no them.

"I'm so sorry Ala, I never meant any of this to happen, I just wanted you to be safe." Nick Fury said, sincere, but guilty.

Guilty as charged.

"You don't understand." Alayna muttered.

She stood in the same place this whole time. Almost afraid to move. Her ribs had not healed yet, but she did not want to see her father. Then it hit her. The moment something had changed. The moment she couldn't feel shadows. When she was blocked from them. A certain man gave her something, something simple. A glass of water.

"I can protect myself." Alayna continued. "I don't need you to drug me to do that."

Nick Fury's emotions then took a quick turn, he felt shocked, and then was overwhelmed with guilt.

"You knew you were going to die. Or at least you knew there would be an attempt on your life." Alayna stated as she picked apart his plan piece by piece in front of his very eyes. "You decided to drug me using the water you gave me in your office, so that I couldn't feel your shadow. You wanted my reaction to be real."

There was a thick silence.

"I should have known you would find out." Her father stated. "I'm not going to apologize for the choices I made because I did them to protect you."

"To protect me from what? From him? The soldier? You did a damn good job at that." Alayna said motioning to her ribs.

"I've had enough of the lies dad. Enough of whatever you have going in that damn head of yours. Congratulations, you've become the ultimate super spy." Alayna said sarcastically. "I hope your happy."

She then turned and walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alayna Maximoff was many things.

A liar was not one of them.

Steve knew that.

Nick Fury knew that.

Natasha knew that.

And even Sam knew that.

He knew that.

She walked into what seemed to be a hallway to a bunker.

It was dark.

She felt Steve's, Nat's and Sam's shadows close by. They must have been in another room.

Maria's was moving towards her.

"You know he loves you right? His goal wasn't to hurt you." Maria said as she moved up from behind Alayna.

"I don't know what his motivations are anymore." Alayna said solemnly, staring ahead through her blindfold.

"I mean I know him, sometimes, and I know one thing that he loves you." Maria continued.

Alayna's eye twitched.

"Well I know one thing, he treats you like his daughter more than he treats me like it."

That stunned Maria Hill to silence.

Alayna could feel the pity looming off of her. The guilt, the shame. All of the above.

"I'm sorry Maria, but don't try to defend a man, who can't defend himself." Alayna quipped, as she walked away.

HEY GUYS

SO SO SORRY FOR THE ENTIRELY LATE UPDATE. SCHOOL HAS BEEN KICKING MY ASS.

EMOTIONALLY I HAVENT BEEN DOING SWELL EITHER, BUT ALLS WELL IT ENDS WELL I GUESS.

I'M ALSO SORRY THAT THIS ONE WAS SO SHORT BUT, IT IS IMPORTANT AND THAT SHOULD BE EMPHASIZED.

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BOTH ALAYNA AND NICK FURY IS GOING TO BE PUT TO THE TEST.

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT, EVEN IF IT WAS A LITTLE SHORTER.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS.

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 19.7K READS LIKEEEE WHATTTTT?!?!?!

THATS CRAZY!

EXPECT AN UPDATE NEXT WEEK!!

SEE YA, LOVE YA

MAYA