06. UH... CONGRATS!

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

"um..." klee itches the top of her head, her hat sliding back and forth. she turns to jean, who's appalled. "master jean? what does dating mean?"

lisa laughs, patting klee on her shoulder. "it means that kaeya and miss y/n love each other, klee!" you can't help but look away from klee's innocent gaze, unable to look anywhere else since jean's sitting right in front of you. "so, they're together and will be all cutesy together!"

"lisa, don't put that in klee's head. not yet," kaeya laughs, looking over at you. "however, yeah... i hope you all don't mind that your cavalry captain will have other things to be occupied with. i promise i won't take much of her time, and i'll take care of her."

"that's what we'd expect you to do, but it seems that after all the darkness you put her through, there's somehow light," jean clears her throat, hiding her surprise. "i approve, though. i believe kaeya will treat you right, y/n. i'm somewhat surprised you chose him out of all the knights, but i'd prefer him than albedo."

"that's quite hurtful as your alchemist, miss jean," albedo clears his throat, standing by the fire. "though, it seems that i can't do much. i'm quite happy for you both, even though i had a feeling that such would occur."

"how?" kaeya voices.

albedo and amber meet eyes, the outrider clearing her throat. everyone looks her way, the brunette laughing awkwardly before putting her hands up in defense. "what~? i had to tell someone, and since albedo was in the process of burning some chemicals, i had to indulge him into the drama!"

"more like force me to," he writes on the clipboard, finally looking up. "it was a long rant. she started from spying on your military training to seeing you both playing with each other's hands coming up the trail to dragonspine."

"albedo!"

everyone laughs making fun of the new couple and amber.

eula also can't help but pitch in, stepping forward. "if you both ever want to learn how to tango, amber and i can teach you. it's a love language, no, amber?"

"i... no comment," amber looks away, gazing down to the table. 

"thank you guys, deeply," you comment, nodding. you feel kaeya grab your hand from under the table, eyes meeting. "i know that we've had a bit of a rough start, but i promise, our love for each other is guaranteed. maybe you, too, will be like us."

"ugh, your sappy comments make us overworked feel incompetent," lisa stands, patting klee's head as she laughs. "i'll be heading back to the library. if you need more reason to talk about your relationship, i say to gush about it with amber. bye-bye~!"

jean joins lisa, following her out as the meeting is adjourned. as you smile at kaeya, you feel happy knowing that not only are you accepted as the cavalry captain, but also as the ex-cavalry captain's girlfriend.

there's a lot in store for the both of you, and you can't wait.

you both are no longer just acquaintances.