19 | love

the only other girl that i've ever loved died in my arms.

[ 2.12 ]

"Can I stay with Scott and Isaac?"

Warren started to shake his head. "Now hold on—"

"Please," Willow begged, her voice cracking. "I want - I need to help them look for Stiles. After Ja—" She couldn't even say his name. "I need to do something to help find him. Please."

After a moment, Warren sighed. He looked at Willow, taking in the tears that hadn't stopped falling since Jackson was pronounced dead and shoved in a body bag. Danny had also opened up Jackson's locker for her to get his sweatshirt, hoping it might ease her pain. "Text me every hour to let me know that you're alright. And let me know if you do find him."

"Thank you," she said, hugging her dad tightly.

He ran his fingers through her hair more for his comfort than her own. "I love you, Wills. Please be careful tonight."

"I will and I love you too," she said, squeezing his hand.

Then Willow made her way over to Scott and Isaac. They had been inside of the locker room, Coach not putting a stop to the unnecessary visitors given the grim circumstances. Scott, seeing Willow, immediately wrapped an arm around her, letting her curl up against his side while he finished talking with Stiles' father.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson," Noah said, sighing heavily. "I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means - the hell, I don't know what that means. Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him—"

"We'll call you," Isaac assured him.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something," Scott said. It was a lie, but he just wanted to keep Noah calm. "We'll find him."

"Yeah," Noah said, nodding to himself. "I'll see you, okay?"

Once the sheriff was gone, he was soon replaced by Coach Finstock. It was clear that he was devastated by what happened on the field.

"McCall," he said, giving him a stern look. "We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

"Yeah, I know, Coach."

"All right. I mean, I - I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we - I need you on the team," he told him, doing his best to keep his composure. "Get your grades back up."

"I will," Scott promised.

Coach nodded as he slowly walked off. "I know."

After a few more minutes, Scott eyed the empty locker room. "Is that everyone?" he asked.