Chapter Thirty One: Dumb, Not Stupid.

If aconite does not work for Remus, perhaps it will for ending the walking migraine that is Sirius Black.

"Freya. Psst, Freya....Freya, FreyaFreyaFreya."

"The entire point of this is to be inconspicuous, you loud oaf." Freya Grey grit her teeth as she glared out into the space in front of her because she could not turn around without seeming suspicious. The two new partners sat at separate study tables in the library, their backs to each other.

"Nothing about me in a library is inconspicuous." Sirius Black snorted, half out of his seat as a paper hat on the table.

In Herbology, they had passed notes to iron out the details of their meet, which include a few poorly made diagrams from Sirius about where in the castle to meet(Regulus seemed to be only the Black gifted in the art). They finally landed at the library after school Thursday, Sirius chose the time, Freya chose the location, and they managed to agree on the date.

"Face forward, and look like your reading," Freya said, running her finger over the page as if she were combing over the book she already read. "It's not like we have much to discuss."

"Ha, unlikely." With his tie undone along with the first buttons of his shirt, Sirius set his paper crown on his growing hair. The dark brown locks were inching down his neck and he was not planning on cutting it any time soon. Creases covered his trousers and his shoes were purposely scuffed to spite his mother, not that she would see them ever again, but he liked the way they looked. It made him feel slightly more rugged and cool, almost in a devil may care way. Of course, the devil did care that he seemed devil may care.

Freya on the other hand had her nicely smoothed white shirt and her raven black curls in a bun."Point of the matter is every week when you get your allowance you will drop it off in the owlry to my owl and I will collect it there." While she was not facing him, she could sense his eye roll. "We do not speak. We do not interact. When I am done, I will contact you and then you will give the potion to Remus, understood?"

"How will I know you won't just take my money and spend it on new shoes or something?" He asked, distrust clear in his voice.

"If I did, I'd save for a good coat, not shoes." She replied, calmly, used to the accusations. "Anyway, stealing is not really my style."

Having mostly given up on hiding his expression, Sirius could not help the brow raise then tilted his head over his shoulder. "That's a lie, you stole from the esteemed House of Black."

"Keep your voice down." There was a low warning to her voice, had anyone known she helped the black sheep of the Black family her position in social circles would be ruined. A small breath left Sirius's lips and he rolled his eyes. Centering herself, she continued. "And that was not stealing... you are the proper owner of those belongings. I was simply, returning them."

"Of course."

"I was." She defended, unsure why it was bothering her so much. Annoyed, she still could not understand how Narcissa and Walburga could talk so long without looking at the person. "This isn't working."

"Agreed," Sirius grumbled and stood up, his crown falling in the process.

She followed in suit, keeping a respectable difference so it wouldn't look like they were consorting with each other.

***

"—Then you run off to a little castle with Avery and leave me behind with your demon spawn and Moony still upset with me." After a very long hypothetical, Sirius grandly waved his hands as they made their way up the grand stairs.