Kneel, Then

Qiao Rou helped Wang Fengxia up and gently tried to enlighten her. "Teacher Wang, please get up first. I'll persuade my sister to forgive you. Let's go to the infirmary to treat your wounds, okay?"

Wang Fengxia broke free from Qiao Rou's hand and looked determined. "If Qiao Xi doesn't forgive me, I won't get up."

Qiao Xi finally understood the situation. These two people were working together to set her up.

She laughed, her voice calm and cold. "Since you don't want to get up, continue to kneel, then."

There was dead silence at the university gate.

No one expected Qiao Xi to say such words...

After a brief shock, Wang Fengxia cried and shouted, "You really want to force me to my death, don't you? You're cold-blooded and a demon. The life of others is worthless in your eyes, right?"

Qiao Xi frowned. "In a lawful society, evidence is important when making claims. Go look for trouble with whoever is forcing you to death. If you were beaten up, so why didn't you look for the police? Why did you come looking for me instead? What's the reason?"

Wang Fengxia was so angry that her face and neck were red. "Of course, I'm looking for you because you caused all of this. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be in such a sorry state!"

The surrounding students also reacted, then joined Wang Fengxia in denouncing Qiao Xi. "Are you indifferent to a living person kneeling in front of you? You just have to say you forgive her. What's so hard?"

"That's right. Is your ego more important than human life? You can save a life with just one sentence. Could it be that in your eyes, human life is less important than a single sentence? I've learned something today. Is this the worldview of rich people? Can you kill others just because they offended you?"

Qiao Rou also covered her mouth and looked at Qiao Xi in disbelief. "Sister, how did you become like this? Teacher Wang was wrong, but she has already realized her mistake... Why can't you be more magnanimous and forgive her? Dad and Mom told us that nothing is more important than the lives of others. Could it be that you've forgotten their teachings?"

Qiao Xi coldly raised her eyes. "Then did your parents teach you not to poke your nose into other people's business? Especially when it comes to matters that you don't know anything about?" Her gaze swept past the surrounding students before she spoke once more. "The university taught you knowledge so that you would know shame and kindness, not so that you can judge others just because you have a mouth."

The surrounding students glared at her.

Qiao Xi suddenly smiled. "Why am I talking nonsense with you people? How about this..." She raised her hand and pointed at a girl who was quite good-looking in the crowd. "Looking at your clothes, your family background should be quite ordinary but I just saw you get out of a black Mercedes-Benz. With your family background, you probably can't afford that kind of Mercedes-Benz. Hence, you're a mistress, right?"

The students suddenly turned around and looked at the girl. The girl's face was red. "Bullsh*t, you're slandering me! You're spreading rumors!"

Qiao Xi's eyes were indifferent. "Oh, then I was wrong. I'm sorry."

"What's the use of apologizing? Do you know how powerful rumors are?! Do you know that a casual sentence from you might make me unable to stay at the university anymore? Do you know how the surrounding students will look at me? Do you know that a casual sentence from you will ruin me?! How could you be a specially-recruited teacher? What right do you have to be a teacher?!" The girl was exasperated.

After she finished speaking, Qiao Xi said with a surprised expression, "I've already apologized, yet you still won't forgive me? Moreover, the situation you mentioned hasn't happened yet. Why are you so angry? Shouldn't you be a little more magnanimous?"

"You..." The girl wanted to retort, but she suddenly found the words a little familiar. Weren't these the words they had just said to persuade Qiao Xi?

Qiao Xi lowered her eyes and smiled. "Look, when something happens to you, you don't want to forgive either. It's just like how you won't know pain until you're hit. Since you're not the ones involved, all of you can freely judge. Once it happens to you, you wish for nothing more than to curse the other party. Alas... all of you are a bunch of people who say one thing but mean another."

After dealing with the students who were watching the commotion, Qiao Xi looked at Qiao Rou. "I forgot that you're here too. My good sister, you're pretending to be a kind person so that I can forgive Teacher Wang. Did you forget that you posted that thread on your alternate account? You were the one who started the discussion and made the teachers and students scold me. You're the culprit. What right do you have to criticize me?"