Vol.1. Chapter 10.1 : The Student Council

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka's POV

"Oh~? And what is the student council president doing here?" Hoshinomiya-Sensei asked in a frisky manner.

Everyone abruptly paused from what they were doing and turned their attention to Hoshinomiya-Sensei's direction. I was a bit surprised to see the president of the student council, Horikita Manabu, standing there in front of our classroom door. Tachibana Akane, his secretary, was also accompanying him.

"I have some business with a certain pupil in Class 1-D. Of course, I'll only call them if you are finished with your lesson." While adjusting his glasses, Manabu began his intentions.

Now that I've had a close look at him, he does appear to be quite attractive. It's no surprise that he topped the Ikemen rankings for all of the school's males.

"May I ask who that certain someone is?" Hoshinomiya-Sensei persisted further with her interrogation.

"If you really wish to know..." Manabu heaved a sigh before continuing. "The student I'm looking for is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka," Manabu answered , judging it would be more time-efficient if he just answered all her queries.

"Oh~? You mean Mr.Popular over there~?" Hoshinomiya-Sensei said while pointing at me. Manabu just gave a slight nod as a response.

"And here I was thinking you were on the hunt for your darling sister." Hoshinomiya made a snide comment.

When Horikita's name was mentioned, she instantly stiffened. Horikita had an uneasy expression on her face now that I glanced at her, and her body language was tense. Horikita received only a fleeting glance from Manabu before he turned away with a disdainful frown visible on his face.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time to spare for someone as inept as her." Manabu conveyed his opinion bluntly. Horikita caught my gaze as I swiveled my head. After hearing her brother's critical remarks about her, she appeared to be on the verge of crying.

My curiosity was sparked by their relationship. Is there a grudge between Manabu and his own sister? Was there something that happened between them in the past that caused their dreadful sibling rivalry? Does he truly despise Horikita that much that he felt ashamed of having her as a family member?

Then again, it is not in my position to try to pry into other people's family affairs.

"What a cold-hearted and heartless brother you are. Anyway, I'm finished with classes for the day, which is good news for you. Yay~!" Hoshinomiya laughed and made lighthearted clapping motions. "If you wish to speak with him right now, go ahead." She informed him as she waltzed out of the classroom.

Everyone's eyes had switched to me at this point. It's as if they're watching me from the stands, anticipating for me to hit the game-winning free throw for the NBA championship. ​I'm desperate to get this over with. I felt like I was back in the White Room because of other people's direct stares at me, which I was very uncomfortable with.

He peered around the classroom and strolled over to my desk once he had found where was I sitting.

In a severe tone of voice, he addressed me, "Ayanokouji." I simply raised my head to indicate that he had my undivided attention. My classmates were all listening in on our conversation. It could be really bothersome for me if he perhaps says something very unneeded.

"Please come to the student council office as soon as possible. The student council would like to speak with you about a few issues." Manabu stated unequivocally.

"Does it concern something significant?"

"Very much so, yes. It's not every day that a kid from Class D is summoned to the office of the student council. Of course, that is excluding occurrences involving conflict between students or inappropriate behavior."