11. HURT

"Sidharth idhar aana", Maa called him once he was about to go out of the home, he was on a temporary break from his work, because he had to join the Medical University Boston, as a senior surgeon and was appointed to do the research in the field of ataxic syndrome, three days already gone and he still has 4 days to join there, so is practically on off from lifelines but the passion in him doesn't let him rest, he was just going to the lifetimes because one of his patients needed to meet him after two hours and his profession is his life, he can't ignore it when possibly he isn't doing anything sitting here.

" haan Maa " He spoke seetling besides her on the dining table.

"Gussa shaant hua" She spoke and I sighed.
" Gussa nhi tha Maa, Aapne toh dekha tha news main, voh patient ki death, media police everything had taken a toll on me Maa, back to back 3 operations I had that day, phir ye sab, bahut frustrated tha yaar and Shehnaaz ka behosh hona was the final nail in the coffin Maa, sab uspar nikal gaya, aise itna sab achanak aap samajh rahe hai" , he spoke finding correct words.

" Hmm I know, Bataya Shehnaaz ne about the papers too " She spoke and I looked at her knowing she might have only told about her part that she felt guilty about but no word against me.

" Kya bataya usne" I asked.
" That's between me and her right, tumhe kyun bataoon" maa teased and he smiled.

" Mujhe kyun roka ye toh bata do" He asked smiling.
" Kya socha hai " She asked.
" Kis baare main Maa " He asked.
" About the baby Sidharth, a child is much more than just giving him or her birth, bahut responsibilities, adjustments everything baba, you both need to understand this, and not just physical Sidharth, Mental exertion bhi hota hai Sidharth, doctor hai pta hoga tujhe bhi" , she spoke and he nodded.

" She is very sure Maa, she doesn't want an abortion, I'm fine with anything she decides, aap baat kar ke dekh lo ek baar phir bhi" , he spoke.
" Meri biwi hai kya" She taunted and I shook my head sighing.
" Sidharth it's not about me na baba, tum kya chahte ho matter karta hai, I'm always with you remember ", she spoke and I nodded.

" Selfish hoga na Maa, she is at such a peak in her life Maa, just 26 Maa, puri life hai na aage, This baby is definitely gonna be a hurdle, or vaise bhi I think she has a few projects signed already, voh bhi dekhna hai issue ho jaayega, abhi toh no one even knows she is married, ek dum se aise pregnant I don't think this is a fine option , abortion papers I can manage Maa but her projects unprofessional hoga na thoda" I spoke laying out my worries.

" Sidharth career sab kuch nhi hota baba, She is settled in her life, you are in yours as a couple bhi toh sochoge na kabhi, if just her career is a problem you have then I guess she is right with her decision because career uska hai and she will sort it out herself but haan agar you don't want this child due to some other issues, then abort it" She spoke but the word abort didn't settled well with me.

" Maa Par..."

" It's alright Sidharth, samajh ti hoon, But bacha aise nhi hota na, she signed the abortion papers I know, gussa thi karte ho tum dono vaisi faltu harkat sab jaante hai, but then when she told you that she don't want an abortion, was she still angry to be impulsive" She asked calmly and I shook my head.

" She was calm Maa, bahut soch bhi rahi thi kuch " I replied honestly.

" Then go with the flow na Sidharth, at a time you wanted this right, a happy family of your own, ab jab mil rahi hai toh why do you wanna run away, aur aisa toh hai nhi she alone did this child, akele toh hua nhi hai na bacha, I know unplanned tha, maybe you both were not ready but jab actually she is pregnant,reason koi bhi ho immaterial right baith kar baat karo yaar, kaise bacho jaise situation se bhaag rage ho"