Chapter 13

Sidharth sits on the bench overlooking the vast sea. He has no idea for how long he has been sitting here. Sun has set a long time back and stars have come out. He looks ahead, thinking how he will continue to be in this relationship that he has got into.
He hears laughter and turns to his side to find a young couple. They hold each other's hands. The guy had whispered something into her ear and she giggled hearing it. A smile appears on his face. He pulls his phone out of his pocket. A couple of missed calls, from his friends, Sukhbinder, Rajvir and two from his mother. He opens the gallery of photos and starts looking at the old photographs of him with his father. He finds peace in them. And then the photograph of him and his Shehnu comes up.

"Shehnu, you are my wife now. Remember you had asked me, why couldn't we marry and stay together like our parents? I had told you, when we grow up, we will. Never had I thought it would come true. And now that it has come true, you didn't want it."
Sidharth lowers his face, "I felt bad. Why didn't you say anything today?"
He runs his fingers, "I am stupid. You have feelings for someone and I saw it today in your eyes. I don't know why but this pains me a lot."
He looks up, "This thing will remain a barrier between us all our life. All our life, if we stay together."

His phone rings again and it's Sumitra.
"Bacha, why were you not picking up my phone? Party abhi bhi chal rahi hai kya? Tu bas ane se pehle call kar lena."
"Hmm.."
"Is everything alright Sid? Where are you? Shini was telling me you were busy when I asked for you."
Sidharth remains silent.
"Sid? Kya hua? Where are you?"

A few hours ago.

Ek pal ne badal diye sab kuch
Tere mere rishte naate,
Aaj ki haqeeqat aur bahut kuch.
Badal jayenge ab rehne ke tarike
Zimmedariyan badlengi,
Jeene ke dhang aur na Jane kya kuch.
Bas na badle ga kuch ehsaas.
Tere dil mere liye jo hai.
Nafrat na hogi shayad unn mein abhi
Par pyar ke alawa ho sab kuch.

Sidharth and Sana stare at each other. They are married now. Life is going to change drastically for both.

Sidharth washes his face after all the ritual gets over and a registry is done in the presence of a marriage registrar. He wipes his face and returns back to a room he was asked to rest in. On the bed lay Ryan, beside him sat Rohit and Rohan was sitting on the chair.

"Congratulations and celebrations... I am so happy to see you finally hitched."
Ryan sang as soon as he saw Sidharth entering.
"Bas kar apna c******"
Rohit says,"Sid. Not today. It's your wedding today. Gali nahi dete."
Ryan slams his palm on his head, "Kis bewkoof ne tujhe ye bataya hai?"
"Like Sid said, bas kar apna c*******. Ba ne kaha, kisi shubh din galiyan nahi dete. And the wedding is auspicious."
Ryan bites his tongue and then says, "It might be but not him. Isne jaan bujh ke kulhadi pe pair Mara hai."
"Enough now Ryan. Give him a break now. Sidharth, Sukhbinder uncle had sent someone. He wants to talk to you."
Rohan says.

Sukhbinder comes in as others leave.
"Sir, you wanted to talk to me?"
"First, stop calling me Sir. I am your father now. "
Sidharth nods his head as he continues, "Sidharth, I know you wanted a low key wedding with no guests, just family and friends. I arranged everything for that reason. I have only one request."
"Sir, I mean .. uncle, please you don't have to request. Just tell me."
Sukhbinder stares at him, expecting a Dad from him. He nods his head, understanding he needs time.
"Sidharth, I want you to stay here this evening for a party. A reception party for a few of my close friends, business partners and clients. I know you didn't want it but it is for my reputation in the business circle. Please don't say no. "