Chapter Eighteen

Sam Lewis 💦

He couldn't have seen it. No, I'm not sure he did. Because when we locked eyes, I had already shoved the thing into my bag.

    What if...—

What ifs are pure bullshit. There's no way Jordan will get suspicious of me or anyone else for that matter. Right?

Riiight??

Thank you. I quickly changed from my shorts into a black faded baggy jeans after I'd put on the pad. Making sure that I left the WC as neat as I came to meet it, I packed my belongings back into the sponge bag and freshened up before vacating the place.

I sighed in relief to myself, wiping the frame of my glasses and putting it back on.

All of a sudden, I was pushed to the tiled floor and landed clumsily on it.

   "W–what was that for?" My voice wavered down when I met the cause of my fall. Oh not again. This Connor guy wassup?🙂

He stood there with a nasty smirk, assessing me.

   "We meet again boy."

I expelled a breath, gathering myself up. I did not want to have problems with anyone but guy here was making it difficult. Ask him what his problem was.

    "You're walking out on ME!Wow."

I stopped in my tracks, unable to tame my irritation.
    "I've got better things doing."

And when I realized how wrong it was to say that to him,it was too late. In a flash,Connor turned me around and connected his fist to my jaw, the cracking sound could even be heard from a distance.

I immediately tasted a metallic liquid in my mouth.

"What the fuck!"I hissed, cupping my burning jaw as I took fearful steps back.

He laughed horrifically. "Painful? That's just a tinge of what I felt when I saw that ugly mark on my economics test! I told you I'd make ya pay for it, lad."

   "You're in the university but I swear you need to go back to highschool. You belong there."

My sharp mouth earned me another blow on the lip and the force of it propelled me to the floor again. I cringed at the blood that splattered on the tile.

Connor dropped on one knee, cocking a brow.

"Be like you've not heard much about me huh? You don't know who Connor is? I'll do you the honors. You're my prey for the next three days ahead."

Then he did the"I gah my eyes on you"gesture before backing away. With a threatening glare from him, Connor disappeared into one of the stalls.

Whatever did I do to attract this? I groaned, touching my busted lip. I thought girls were way too dramatic but boys? True definition of violence. No caption.

     ~~~~~

I made my way back to the dorm, dropping my sponge bag hastily into the locker before hurling myself to the bed. My period was another factor triggering extreme fatigue from me.

I picked my phone to check how badly I was just bruised.

It was ugly. Very ugly.

The side of my jaw where he connected his fist to had turned yellowish purple and gave promises of a swelling while my lip sustained a cut which sure as hell would be with me for at least days.
Worse, I didn't have any painkilling ointment in my kit.