Chapter Twenty-Seven

CARSON'S POV:

"Okay, before we start this interview...." I said slowly, causing Keri Richardson's evil glare on Vincent to switch to me. "Um, is there any way that you can turn that bright light off from the camera?" I gestured towards the camera man behind her.

          Keri shot me a fake grin. "It's part of the filming," she responded, through gritted teeth.

          "Oh. Okay."

          "Anyway," Keri began. "Let's just jump to the point. Shall we?"

          I looked at Vincent from the corner of my eyes and noticed that his mouth was formed into a grim line and that his jaws were clenched. He had history of not being that nice and cheerful during interviews-- hence the fact that I referred to him as a "diva" in the beginning. However, there was something about Vincent's face at the moment that seemed odd. I couldn't quite explain it but it looked as if he wouldn't be scared to flip the table over if the celebrity reporter even so much says one bad thing to us. 

          It was pretty scary, to say the least.

         "Yeah, let's just start the interview," I said, politely.

          Keri grinned at the two of us. "To start this interview, I want you two either confirm or deny this: are you two a couple?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

          I replied with a simple "yes" just as Vincent shot back with, "Isn't it obvious?"

          I nudged Vincent on the shoulder and quickly shot him a disapproving look. The whole point of this plan was to convince everybody around the world that Vincent had changed his ways because of his "oh-so-nice" girlfriend-- which was me. The fact that he was sitting up in the interview acting the same way he did before we met after two years was screwing everything up.

          When Vincent saw the look on my face, I guess he understood because he faced his attention back to the reporter and cleared his throat. "I mean, yeah," he coolly replied. "We're a a couple."

          Keri narrowed her eyes at us. "There has been a lot of talk about you two and the circumstances surrounding your relationship. Apparently, a lot of people have been questioning whether or not this the relationship is the real deal. I mean, can you blame them?" It was a rhetorical question so we didn't  answer. And even if we did answer, Keri would have cut us off because she began talking again. "You have the famous rockstar who owns millions and millions of dollars and then you have a regular teenage girl--" She raised her eyebrow at me. "-- who has been struggling to meet ends meet for the past few years. What do you have to say about that, Anna?"

          A soft escaped my lips. "Well, I think those accusations are really prejudiced," I replied. "Just because I can't afford to buy Gucci glasses or Loui Vuitton bags, everybody just assumes I'm a gold digger?"

          "But can you blame them?" Keri challenged, propping her shoulders onto the table.

          "No," I answered. "But it just goes to show how peoples' mindsets work nowadays." I shrugged.

          Keri nodded. "We did an interview at the diner that you worked in a couple weeks ago," she stated, slowly. "You made it clear to us that Vincent and you were not dating-- that you two were merely two people who used to be the best of friends. You even said it yourself that it had been two years since you've spoken to Vincent-- what happened? And why did you quit your job?"