Chapter 53

"After due consideration,the ministry has concluded that for their own safety,no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to out forth their name for the Triwizard Tournament," the student begin to talk loudly and Fred and George scream loudly,"That's rubbish!" While others boo.

"This decision is final" Mr Crouch finished as the students still protest. Mr. Crouch look very uncomfortable and he basically begs Dumbledore with his eyes to intervene. "Silence!", Dumbledore finally steps forward. We all look at each other and Hermione looks relieved. Dumbledore points his wand towards the towering object,making the gold melt away and revealing a big goblet that almost immediately erupted blue flames.

"The Goblet Of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name on a piece of parchment,and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night," I look over at the Hufflepuff puff table to see Cedric paying attention closely. I hope he's not thinking of entering this stupid shit show.

"Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment the Triwizard Tournament has begun."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Alastor Moody," he starts writing on the chalk bored behind him,"Ex-auror, Ministry malcontent..." He throws the chalk to the ground," and your mew defence against the dark arts teacher. I am here because Dumbledore asked me. End of story, goodbye,the end. Any questions?" Surprisingly no hands shot up. This man is crazy, I've heard my father and mom talk about him before. I look at Harry next to me but his eyes are focused on Moody in front of the class. Hermione in the front looks anxious and Ron behind me taps my shoulder,"Bloody hell" he whispers. Malfoy in the next row beside me even looks scared.

"When it comes to the dark arts,I believe in a practical approach. But first which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?" Moody looks at the frozen class. Hermione answers but she's clearly trembling,"3 sir," and they are so named?" "Because they are unforgivable. The use of any one of them will--" " will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban,correct" I hear the chalk hit the bored but I only look down at my desk.

Moody explains how the ministry thinks we're to young to know about these things and how he thinks they're wrong," you need to know what you're up against! You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to put your chewing gum besides the underside of your desk,Mr Finnigan!" Moody yells making us all turn around to look at Seamus.

"The old codger can see out the back of his head" Seamus mutters making Moody throw the chalk across the room,"and hear across classrooms!" Everyone looks back at him,scared. Well, I'm a little scared. "So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!" "Yes?" Ron immediately answers. "Stand" I feel Ron's desk shakes as he stands up,"Give us a curse"

"Well my dad tell me about one. The Imperius Curse." Ron shakes.

"Oh yeah ,your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago," Moody returns in conversation,"perhaps this will show you why." He turn around to the glass on the table and removes one to reveal a spider,which he enlarges in his hand.

"Imperio" he says but it seems like nothing happens,until he the spider follows his wand to Deans desk and then Crabbe's face,"don't worry. It's completely harmless" the class laughs as Moody speaks. The spider flies to Patil's hand and then hovering above my head,"if she bites she's lethal." The spiders falls to my face as I quickly try to usher it off. Everyone laughs at me but Draco's is the loudest.

"What are you laughing at?" The spider flies onto Draco's knows as though on a trapeze. He freaks out and asks Goyle to get it off. Harry claps his hands,"talented isn't she?" Moody laughs. He likes this. "What should I ever do next? Jump out the window?" The spider flies against the window, clearly getting hurt,"drown herself?" The spider hovers over a bucket of water.

The spider flies towards Moody's hand,"scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did You-know-who's bidding..." He's very serious now,"under the influence of the Imperius Curse,but here's the rub. How do we sort out the liars?" His voice is low and even spooky.