Chapter 9: I'm Going to Keep You

I was warm and cozy. There was an arm wrapped around me, keeping my back pressed tight against the source of the heat. There were soft lips pressed against my skin, right behind my ear. I sighed happily and snuggled back against him.

"Ellie," Hoseok whispered against my skin. "I have to go, Princess."

"Noooooooo," I whined at him. "You have to stay."

"I've already stayed longer than I should have, sweetheart," he said. He used his arm around me to turn me to face him. "It's almost 7 in the morning. My Appa is probably awake already. He's woken up at 6am his entire life."

"But you're so warm," I whined still, pressing my face into his neck and my body up against his. "Please stay."

"Ellie, I can't," he told me, kissing the top of my head. "Our parents..."

"My dad won't care."

"Maybe not," he said. He was talking about leaving, but his arms tightened around me. "But my parents are Korean. It's not the same. And stop the pouting. I can feel your bottom lip poking out from here."

I giggled as I put my lip back to its normal position. "Sorry. I just don't want you to go."

This time, he pulled back to look down at me before answering. "Do you think that I want to?" He asked, reaching up to brush some hair off my forehead. "That was the best that I've ever slept in my life."

I blinked at him for a moment as his words made something dawn on me. "You know....I've had insomnia since I was about 14-years-old," I told him. "I almost never sleep more than 2-3 hours a night."

He laughed at my words. "How do you function?"

I shrugged at him. "I just don't need a full 8 hours like most people. I've always been like that. My dad says it used to drive him crazy. I'd be like 8-years-old and he'd get up to check on me at 4am, and I'd just be reading under the covers."

"That's weird," he laughed. "Though I guess that I never sleep 8 hours, either. But I do need at least 6 to be able to get through the day."

"My point being," I said, reaching up to trace my fingers along his jawline. "I just slept the whole night. I didn't wake up once."

"And you think that it was because of me?" he asked, his voice sounding a bit surprised.

"You're the only differentiating factor here, sir," I told him.

"I have no idea what that word means."

"Differentiating?" I asked, and he nodded. "What I mean is that you're the only thing different than how I normally sleep. Therefore, I can only ascertain that-"

"It's too early for these big English words, teacher," he said, tickling my side lightly.

I giggled and pushed his hand away. "Hey, now! Don't start that again, Hoseok. I know where your ticklish spot is, too, and I have no problem using it against you."

He pulled his hand up in surrender. "Please continue, Eloise. But maybe with words that I actually know the meaning of, this time."

"You're the only thing different from my norm, Hobi," I told him, touching his shoulder. "So you must be the reason."

"It could just be a one-off," he told me. "We might have to experiment more to see if I'm really making a difference."

"I mean...I wouldn't kick you out of bed if you wanted to try it again," I laughed.

"That's good to know," he said, kissing the tip of my nose. "But at the moment, I am going to have to kick myself out of this bed."

I wrapped your arms back around him tightly. "Noooooooooo!"