Chapter 2

SHILPA

'Okayyyy...Hmmm...let's practice again!!!
Ummm....
Hellloooo... Mr Rao...I am Dr Shilpa Nayak!!!
I am a orthopaedic surgeon...
So...Ummm what do you do???

What do you do????
What rubbish!!!
He's a manager in a multinational!!!
It's written in his C.V!!!
Ummm well wrong question...
How about...Yes!!!
What are your hobbies???

Well hobbies!!! I have already checked his social media, it's filled with his body building pictures, rest basketball pictures!!!
So its obvious!!!

Food????
Well...if he's a bodybuilder and he's asked you to come to this stupid health- cafe serving all vegan food where you get green and yellow latte which is nothing but 'Green tea' and 'Turmeric Milk' and that too made of almond milk!!! Then you must know Shilpa what you are up for!!!

Comeon!!! There's a pub opposite to this stupid cafe and he prefers this over that???

Damnnn!!!

Well honestly I know everything about him mostly so why am I here???

Wait!!! I am here because of my bestie Siya and my late Pa who's right now giggling from there heaven!!!

I hate you dad!!! Ughhh!!! First you leave me and go up there enjoying your long awaited date with mom and then you leave me to this stupid bestie of mine...Siya!!!

She's been finding so many proposals for me that right now I can start a marriage bureau of my own!!!

Everytime i think this is the last one!!! She finds a new one!!!
She doesn't understand I'm not like the pretty barbie doll types!!!

Comfort is life!!! But she... doesn't get it!
Look at this dress I'm wearing right now. This stupid white crop top cost me a whopping 3k. I could have bought 4 jeans at that price in the billion day sale. Buy three get one free!!! But no!!! Siya is Siya and then this matching palazzos!!! Why on earth would you wear something worth 2k that keeps sweeping the floor when you have a 100Rs broom which does the job pretty well!!!

But Noooo!!! Siya doesn't understand!!!
And then blazer!!!
Damn this can't even be washed at home and needs to be given for a dry wash!

Fuck who cares...I'm wearing it for the 4th time this week!!!

Exactly!!! Without washing!!! Come on why are deodrant invented!!! Gimme a break!!!

And here I am to meet yet another guy whom I have already enquired enough about and who is approximately 30 mins late!!! And being a doctor that's one thing I bloody hate!!!

You don't make Dr Shilpa Nayak wait!!!

Huhhh!!!

(Just then her phone begins ringing and she rolls her eyes. It's her bestie Siya!)

'Heyyyy Ships...so how's he?' she asks and I begin tearing the 5th tissue from the expensive tissue box disinterestedly when the waiter is still giving me looks for not ordering anything!!!

'Well how's who??? This cafe looks empty right now! This 'meet the guys because your horoscope matches' sucks Siya!!! Spare me on a holiday buddy. You know i would have happily watched Sooryavansham or Mera Badla or Ek aur Chandramukhi on tv instead of waiting for this dumbo!!!' I huffed when I heard her mumbling something to Riya who probably kept wandering around her like a bee. I wonder how's she handling 2 kids, an engagement ceremony and one desperate husband of hers. He must be around somewhere planning something cheesy for her or sticking to her like a chewing gum!!!

God I love #SiRa!!! Theirs was the most unexpected wedding. An arranged setup yet they are better than any other romantic couples I have seen in recent times. The chemistry they share, their understanding, the way they handle everything...may it be Naman-Aditi's divorce of Aditi-Keshav's set up...they are simply made for each other. How I wish I find Raghav's replica for me someday!!!