35.

It was almost mid day when Gehna and Mohini arrived at the old Haveli.

"What took you so long ?" Aditya asked worried about the delay.

"Mangal Bhaisa doesn't know the way as well as he thought he did." Mohini said sticking her head out of the palanquin.

The two palanquin were slowly placed on the makeshift raised platforms.

"Any more delay in your arrival and I think Aditya would have worn out the floor with his pacing." Maheen said as Gehna and Mohini de boarded the palanquins.

"Luck you Mahi, my back is stiff like a board sitting in this box. I think I'm going to learn how to ride a horse after learning how to use a sword ." Gehna said with a sigh. "I can't do this dholi's again."

"Bhaisa!" Mohini squealed looking at the old architecture of the Haveli. "What place is this ?"

"Have you never been here before ?" Maheen asked surprised.

"Never. Maa never let me. I'm going to give her an earful, this place, it's so exquisite. It's beautiful." Mohini twirled with her arms spread.

Aditya chuckled at her childish attitude and patted her head affectionately.

"Go get settled in Mohini, then freshen up and come down, I was waiting for the two of you to explore this place." Maheen said.

"I want to see every nook and corner of this place." Mohini replied.

"We'll do that I promise." Maheen said smiling at her. "You and Gehna will have to share a room though as Dai maa wasn't expecting so many of us to show up."

"That's not a problem bhabhi." Mohini smiled at Maheen. "We won't take long. Let's go." Mohini held Gehna's hand and ran inside.

"Mohini my back hurts.." Gehna whined as Mohini dragged her in.

"Does she know where she has to go ?" Maheen asked Aditya.

"She doesn't." Aditya replied. "But most of the rooms are locked so she'll find her way."

"I'm surprised that Mohini has never been here ?" Maheen said looking at the pillar which was carved. "This place doesn't seem like a part of Awadh. It's so different, the architecture, the walls, it's so peaceful." She said running her hands on the cold walls. Realising what she said she turned around and looked at Aditya with wide eyes.

"Don't get me wrong. I like Awadh, it's very beautiful but-."

"But this place is has a soul." Aditya cut her. "I know what you mean so relax."

"Yes. It has a soul." Maheen repeated. "Why are we here though ?" She asked looking at him.

Aditya walked and motioned her to follow him.

"We are here on a break." He said.

"Break from ?"

"From being king and queen ? From everything honestly."

"It makes sense. It's exhausting and I haven't been in this place and position for that long. I can't imagine how maa did it for all these years, how Rani maa did it. And baba, how did he manage to run such vast land, how will Abeer do it ? I.. well I'm sorry. I keep rambling all the time and make no sense and .. I should stop."

"It's alright." Aditya said giving her a smile. They stopped at the inner courtyard which was like the one at the main palace but smaller.

"So beautiful." Maheen said admiring the green lush garden still maintained and the small fountain.