•CHAPTER 18•

- SAME DAY -

8:17 pm

As soon as your eyes fluttered opened, you closed them as you felt the bright lights igniting the living room hitting your eyes. You sat straight with your head in your palms, your eyes still shut as you felt them burning inside because of the heavy session of crying and heck, that massive headache.

You groaned as you felt a sudden hammering hit in the back of your head. It was just because of the headache, but the pain was undoubtedly unbearable. You somehow opened your eyes and adjusted your blurry vision to the surroundings. Your eyes roamed around the vast living room as you tried getting a glimpse of him, when all you received was pin drop silence.

The place felt like being surrounded by an awkward silence. An unusual silence was filling the living room as you sat there completely silent, your own slow and hard heart beats resounding the area as you could even hear the slightest noise of the wall clock ticking slowly.

Then it all, came hitting you like a truck.

You gulped hard, your head low, and you felt the same feeling of your heart sinking low to your stomach as the flashbacks of hours ago replayed in front of your eyes. You hated this so much, the feeling of feeling pain for others who never cared about how you felt on the first place.

You hate that you are still hoping.

Hoping for something which don't even have chances left. Just a few months, you wondered, would he do the same to someone who wasn't you? Was fighting for your own was a sin that he just fucking ra- gosh...

He could never, and he would never be able to understand you, maybe he could have tried, but unfortunately, he never did. He could have tried to make things better, but he couldn't when he knew that he destroyed everything on the first night with you.

You always knew that things wouldn't be the best between you both in the starting, but you were determined to make them right by at least trying. He could have respected you, your perspectives, your consent, and you could would have given your heart to him. But now, if he expects you to do this, then you just can't. You can't when he already crushed it again and again.

You stood up, your knees were feeling extremely weak, but you managed to stand on your foot. Your gaze straightly fell on the staircase, and you halted your steps for a while, your mind lingering upon the decision whether you should go or not as a part of you wished to not see him, not now at least, but another part wanted to see him, you remembered how he cried the last time. The image of him running upstairs with the divorce papers clenched your heart as you put your hand on your chest, this time physically feeling the emotional pain.

With a stone on your heart, you uncertainly moved upstairs, you didn't knew if this was the right time to face him, but a part of you resisted you from not going inside.

The door made a creaking sound as you slowly opened it, the warm air of inside hitting your cold body. You stepped inside but your gaze instantly fell on the papers kept on the bed. Watching their condition, you could tell that he just threw them on the bed. You sighed as your eyes roamed around the room to the bathroom, expecting the lights to be turned on if he was there, but fortunately or unfortunately, they were turned off.

Your lips suddenly parted as your brain processed through the things going on. "Taehyung?" you called out, loud enough to be heard if he was somewhere around, but once again, all you received was the silence that embraced the house in it.