Part 26

Her Majesty disappears just like how she appeared, unpredictable. It's not her apparition, is it? Flos's suspicion is quickly solved when her companions vouch for Her Majesty the Queen's existence.

"I..." Scale is at a loss for words, "Do you think I should go to work tomorrow?"

"Wait for the summon," is Flos's decision, if this is her problem

Scale inhales deeply then sighs, "Her Majesty now knows it, a secret I have kept for 2 years,"

"All because of me," Flos nods as she says, "Whoops,"

"You don't need to be sorry," Scale shakes his head, "Anyway, tomorrow. While waiting for the summon, I will go to the inner garden to meet you for my breakfast, lunch, and dinner,"

"I will prepare a feast," Flos assures

"No need," Scale shakes his head again, "I don't eat much, so just... Prepare enough,"

"Okay," Flos nods, inwardly weighing on what Scale means by not eating much

"See ya tomorrow," with a wave of his hand, Scale walks away somewhat dejectedly as he mutters under his breath

Flos watches him as he messes up his already messed up head...'s hair. Flos feels a little bad for causing him stress, when the man is already a tad unhinged.

Only a tiny bit.

~~~

This part-time job still needs a contract. Flos asks Rhythm to prepare it as she talks about the time spent with the King's aide, including the secret that should be kept from the Queen is found out by Her Majesty because of herself. Although Flos omits what the secret is.

Rhythm listens to Flos's retelling as he outlines the contract per Flos's request. The terms are formally worded but the essence is as follows: 1. No refund; 2. 1 day off per month; 3. There is no menu, so it all depends on what Flos feels like making that day; 4. Can have special orders, but it has to be informed to Flos the day before; 5. The duration of the trade and contract is the time Flos stays in the Capital, once Flos goes back to her hometown, this contract is invalidated.

"Anything else to add?" Rhythm raises his eyes to look at his childhood friend who is sitting beside him

"No," Flos shakes her head, asking her question, "So, are you going to open a bank account?"

"I already have 1," Rhythm rolls his eyes at Flos, somewhat exasperated, "If you would just care a little bit; a civil servant came to our village to promote opening a bank account before, so my family registered along with most of the other villagers. At that time, I did go look for you, to ask you to join my family to go open an account in the next town, but you declined, saying not interested,"

"I don't remember that," Flos pouts slightly at Rhythm's slightly accusing tone

"I figured after hearing your tale," Rhythm snorts, unimpressed. Then, suddenly concerned, Rhythm checks with Flos, "The prize money that you did not bring, also did not store in the bank, you did hide them properly right? We will be here for 2 years at least, after all,"

"I buried the money," is Flos's simple explanation

Rhythm understands immediately, "A good move,"

Although the variant flowers are here with Flos, who says she doesn't have other hidden traps around her house and garden? Flos says the place is safe for his Mother to visit, but that's because his Mother won't do brainless things such as digging for Flos's hidden prize money.

Relieved, Rhythm turns his attention back to the contract, "Is that all?"

Flos nods, "Yeah, we don't want to be too harsh and make the contract unfair, do we?"