-59

Four figures sat on grass as the closing of a book resonated through the silence of the training grounds as a slightly deep voice spoke. "And thats the end."  

Konohamaru looked up at his genin and sighed, this book always did make him feel things when he read it. It was written and published by Killer Bee a year after the war and all copies were sold out by every surviving shinobi who had remembered their promise, remembered the day they lowered their heads in respect for the young warrior.

"It's required to at least read one chapter of this book to each genin team, but since I knew Maki personally I decided we would read the entire thing together."

Boruto frowned, "I don't get it, if she was so strong then why did she die? She lost so why is she a hero?"

"Boruto, she didn't lose." Konohamaru sometimes wondered what was wrong with this generation, but then he remembered it was mostly just Boruto. "Can any of you tell me why I'm saying that?"

Surprisingly, Mitsuki lifted his hand a little faster than Sarada.

"Perhaps it's because she died protecting all she loved and knew?"

"Exactly," Konohamaru said before turning the cover of the book to face his three students. He waited a moment to investigate their expressions and noticed how Sarada seemed the most silent out of all three, before continuing on what he was saying, "and theres one other reason-"

Sarada cut him off, "She saw the future."

The blonde next to her scoffed, "She didn't see the future-"

"Yes she did, I got a letter from her."

Konohamaru blanched, "What...?"

"When I turned eleven and a half, uncle Shisui gave me a letter and told me not to open it until I turned twelve. When I read it five months ago..." Saradas lip wobbled, "she seemed like a really nice person."

A laugh escaped Konohamaru, "Yeah, you noticed the title of the book?"

Mitsuki then pointed out something, "If she could see the future does that mean she already knew us?"

"That's right," Their sensei confirmed, "and I bet she knew if she didn't stop Isshiki, you'd all have some problems."

"Tch," Boruto crossed his arms, "wheres my letter?"

"Well, ask your dad,"the brunette said, "I honestly think he's just been hiding it from you this whole time."

In slight anger Boruto stood up and glared at his sensei, " Why would he hide it from me?!"