Volume 1 - Chapter 4

The entrance ceremony finally finished, it was pretty much the same except this time, it was actually the Director who was explaining things and not the Student Council President. It was pretty boring I must say.

Although I do think that it was quite fruitful, to say the least.

It was now noon. After we received some general information about the campus, the crowd dispersed. 70-80 percent of the students headed toward the dormitories. The remaining students quickly formed into groups. Some made their way to cafés, while the louder ones went out for karaoke. The hustle and bustle quickly died down.

Me and Kaori decided to swing by the convenience store, we didn't really encounter anyone from our class which led me to believe they were busy in the dormitories.

"So.., Kiyo, when do you think should we buy the extra phones..?" Kaori asks. If you are wondering why we wanted not one, but two extra phones, it's because so that we could make a bank. We originally planned to make one for ourselves only but for some reason, Sakuta heard our conversation and decided that we will be making a class bank.

We were given the amount which is just enough to buy a single phone. And the holder of the phone will be Kaori because apparently, she was the most trusted by the class.

The rule, however, is that you have to at least contribute more than a hundred points to it to be able to access the bank. And that the entire class has to agree first before you withdraw some points from Kaori.

"Let's just do it tomorrow, it's getting late, we don't want to be late for class tomorrow. Or it is going to end up really bad." I replied to her question. Kaori just nods and says one word before running into the convenience store.

"Understandable." .. That girl... I just sighed before following her, but just as before I was going into the store, I noticed someone looking in my direction.

The person was a girl, she has Dark-black hair and gradient-red colored eyes. Her aura literally just screams out superiority, just like Blonde-kun earlier this morning. This girl, however, radiates far more superiority than Blonde-kun earlier.

I am pretty sure if someone were to guess what class this girl belongs to, they would immediately say Class A thanks to that aura. But.., If I were to guess, she is in Class D.Why you may ask? It is simple, this person has too much superiority that I doubt even most Class A students have.

After a few minutes of me literally explaining everything in my mind and staring at her, I decided to talk to her.

"Erm-- so why we're you looking at me.. Um.." I said, indicating I want to know her name, she must've got the hint as she responded with her own name.

"It's Horikita, Horikita Suzune. And I am just simply looking at you, is there a problem with that?" ... Looks like her superiority complex is far bigger than I thought... I bet Class D would have a hard time dealing with her..

"Yes, looking at me gives me the creeps, you know?" I deadpanned. Does this girl seriously not know what privacy means?

"Tch, not like it matters though, if I were to say, you look like far more inferior to me." Oya~? Is this girl challenging me? I can feel my Prideful self going up a notch.

"And what makes you say that?"

"Hmph! It should be obvious! I'm far more superior than you especially in academics." Tch, this girl, I thought he would make the overconfidence in me come out but I was wrong. But she does have the potential... I wonder...

"Then let me ask you this, you should know the answer if you really are indeed superior to me. What divides the classes from each other?"

"Hmph! Such an easy question. Of course, by merits."

"What Merits?"

"Academics, obviously. Are you dumb? Maybe you indeed are." Yep. She is a Class D student. No doubt about it. What Kaori said was true, which is "Do not judge a book by its cover". I can still deduce that this girl is from Class D. Seeing how arrogant she is.

"I'm not the one that's dumb, you are," I replied back with a little glare. The girl did not lose her composure however and glared at me even harder.

"And what makes you say that?"

"Let me reply to your question with a question. What made you think that only Academics is the only thing that divides the classes? I'm usually not harsh but if you would start looking around for clues instead of degrading others than an Idiot, then you can possibly answer me." I said with a harsh tone.

"W-what---?!"

"I'll leave you here to your thoughts here, Horikita-san, however, please consider the things I said to you. I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, nice to meet you.., Horikita-san." I said as I walked off.You may be wondering, why would I help an enemy? Well, future enemy.

Well, you never know when a tool like her will be useful. She might be too arrogant. But that is one of the keys I can have to control her.

The second might be her brother. How did I know that? Simple, similar appearance, similar surname.., They have too many similarities.

Anyways, after that boring and annoying conversation, I had with Horikita, I went to the convenience store only to see Kaori looking at me with a basket on her arm. The basket's content is mostly necessities a female would use.

"Who was that you were talking to..?" She asks as she walks alongside me.

"Horikita Suzune."

"Horikita? Isn't that the president's name...? Also, you're irritated at her.., Aren't you..?"

"Pretty much, And I am surprised you even remembered that, I would guess that only a small portion of people would even remember him back at the entrance ceremony," I replied. Even though I said I was surprised, I know that she knows I am not.

She is from that place. It is impossible to forget vital information such as this as it is what was taught to us.

"Sensei wasn't lying at all.., Huh?" I heard Kaori say, I followed her line of sight and saw what she was looking at

Not to my surprise, I saw an area with the label 'FREE'. If we would've not figured it out earlier, we would have been as suspicious as hell when we see this.

--