Fifth Year // Chapter 23

*Time skip to May*

The O.W.L.s were just days away from us, leaving all of us fifth years in chaos. Hermione was practically the only one going to bed at a decent time anymore, the rest of us were just for all hours studying and revising. I was sitting on an armchair reading a bit from our History of Magic book when I heard the slamming of a door and thundering footsteps coming down the stairs. I ducked behind the chair, not knowing who it was, and just waited.

"No one's here Freddie, we're good." George's voice whispered from the stairs.

"The way you slammed our door, we're gonna be lucky if no one comes down to investigate whose door slammed." Fred snapped, which got followed by the recognizable sound of a head slap.

"Oi!" George said turning back to face Fred. "I was just trying to keep the act going with Lee." I heard the sound of another head slap followed by the two of them bickering back and forth. After a few moments, they quieted down and huddled in front of the fireplace. I tried to move to stay out of sight but bumped the table and knocked off an unlit lantern that shattered as it hit the floor. 

"Shit!" I said as the chair got moved and Fred and George had their wands aimed at whoever was behind the chair. 

"Ri Ri." George sighed putting his wand away. 

"Next time, just stay in bloody sight, m'kay?" said Fred as he laid his wand on the table I had just bumped. I nodded and came out from behind the chair to see a huge piece of parchment rolled out on the floor in front of the fire. I leaned over to see it was a plan about their fireworks.

"You're getting up at 2:30 in the bloody morning to go over your fireworks?" I said getting closer. As I got closer I saw they weren't taking inventory or planning a new firework ... they were planning a fireworks show! "You two are nuts if you think you're gonna get away with this!"

"We're not trying to 'get away with it' Ri Ri," said George with a wicked grin on his face.

"We just want to leave Hogwarts with just one last bit of Weasley chaos." Fred smiled pointing at the notes along the side. "We've had this all figured out since we came back from the winter holidays."

"If you two get away with this ... you'll be leaving us in a whirlwind of trouble," I remarked glaring at the two. 

"We know." They said at the same time. I leaned over to see their work once more and pointed at a figure noted within the drawing of the firework. 

"The ratio between gunpowder and the coloring is all wrong. If you went through with this you'd end up having more bang than color which would sensationally fuck up your W. Now I suggest that you -"

"Excuse me," Fred said pushing me away from the parchment.

"Who told you that you could input your ideas?" George finished. 

"Well, do you want to leave a mark in the sky or leave gunpowder residue all over us students?" I said looking between the two of them. They shared a look, reviewed the ratio, and looked back.

"Say we allowed you to input your thoughts," Fred started.

"Would you expect another W to be added into the firework?" George finished.

"No, Merlin no! Mum would go nutty trying to figure out which of us helped you out." I said. "All I ask, is you leave me with some Weasley Wizard Wheezes stock as an arsenal for the upcoming war of Hogwarts," I said extending my hand.

"We'll give you seven percent of our stock, we can shake and make it happen," said Fred.

"I wasn't born this morning, Freddie. Eighteen would be just fine."