Who's right?

Xingqiu moved closer to Chongyun to talk more privately with him, "So now that Ai spoke up about her relationship, what about you do the same?" He smiled trying to convince him. "Then why don't you speak up about us." Yun thought to himself. He turned to Xingqiu, who looked quite surprised. "Oh.. Did I say that out loud? I'm so sorry." He apologized. "No, you're right. Who am I to tell you to do something when I'm too scared to do it." Yun smiled, reaching to hold Xingqiu's hand, "Nah it's fine, I should tell them anyway! I'll do it when I come back home." Xingqiu smiled back---"Oh guys! That's the new place, come on!" Haru interrupted, pointing at the new snackbar.
     Sure, Chongyun didn't mean to say what he said out-loud, but it still hurt. Xingqiu couldn't help but overthink it, what if Chongyun was unhappy with the state of their relationship? What could he do to make him happy? Personally Xingqiu thought it was perfect, but what if Chongyun didn't feel the same way? "Xingqiu!" Yun raised his voice a little. "Oh, sorry, what is it?" The group sighed. "Kai asked about your father's company. If you forgot, we were on the topic of your marriage." Yun smiled, but to Xingqiu it felt so fake. Did Chongyun hate him? "Oh, well he works a publishing company. I guess it's not as important as people make it out to be." Qiu added. "What! Are you kidding? My parents love reading anything published by you guys!" Aiko joined in. Xingqiu smiled, "Thanks." "Oh, then," Kai turned to Sena, "What type of company does your family own?" He asked. "Oh they don't really own a company! My family is basically made of writers, all they do is write. It's seriously exhausting to even watch." She laughed. "Then what about you? Do you like to write?" Aiko smiled. "Hmm, sometimes? I guess it's a hobby of mine, but it's so tiring! I don't know if I'll be able to work as a writer." "You're joking, right?" Haru faced her. "Her writing is amazing! I love reading her books! Sena you should lend them a few." Haru smiled. "No way! Too embarrassing." Sena doesn't really know how to take compliments. "Well, anyway, since I'm basically a writer and Xingqiu will probably grow up to become head of his company, our parents thought it was a great idea for business options." Sena rolled her eyes, "It's so annoying sometimes! The whole media is like, "aww! They're meant for each other!" Isn't it obvious that it was for business?" She face-palmed. Kai and Aiko laughed. "Well it's great you guys share a friend group! I don't know what'd I do if I was in a---" "Sorry to interrupt! Who ordered fries with cheese and bacon?" A waiter came over with their snacks. "Oh me!" Haru raised her hand.