chapter 21

© axellesmet 2014

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by axellesmet. It's illegal to steal and/or copy

_______________________________________________________________________

----------------- the video clip trailer thingy on the side along with another very badass picture of skylar 

Chapter 21

Sometimes I wish I could start all over again. New country, new town, new school, new look, new life.

Just a new me.

Maybe, if I was to live a different life, he would still be there. Maybe They wouldn’t have left.

Maybe if we were to be in a quiet little town, he wouldn’t have been in that situation. But somehow trouble always seemed to attract him. If he wasn’t looking for trouble, trouble surely was looking for him.

I need to stop thinking about him so much. I’m only hurting myself more and more. It’s too early for him to be lurking in the back of my head. I checked the time and saw it was about six thirty. What if ..

If I run back home now and get ready for school I can still go to the cemetery and get back in time for school. It’s been a while since I visited them.

After doing a very quick morning routine and putting on a baby blue skirt with a white blouse and white shoes I got my key and got in my Camaro.

It was around 7:30 when I arrived at the cemetery.

 What are the odds. Unlike last time I noticed Connor instead of the other way around.

‘ What are you doing here, Connor ? ‘ I ask not thinking clearly about the stupid question.

‘ Clearly I’m getting shit-faced and I’m having the time of my life. ‘ He said in the most sarcastic tone ever. But still with that always present smirk on his face.

‘ Whatever. ‘ I say and walk along the graves until I find the one I’m looking for.

Derek.

Normally I would talk to him for a while, tell him what’s been happening and leave but now I actually have to pay attention. I can’t really say anything because Connor is only a few steps away. I can’t risk letting him hear anything personal.

Because you know … it’s personal. Private. So I just sit there, watching his grave, hoping he’s miraculously walk out of it and come to hug me. But that can’t really happen …

 ‘Who is Derek ? ‘ Connor asked from behind me. It’s the second time he asked that. And last time I made it pretty clear that I didn’t want to talk about it.

‘I made myself clear last time didn’t I ? ‘ I snapped at him.

‘ Yeah but … I don’t know… ‘ He looked down and picked on his fingers. It was the cutest thing I’d ever seen. Now I feel guilty for snapping at him … I’m such a mean bitch sometimes …

‘ I’m going to school … I’ll maybe see you there.. ‘ He said and walked away. Wait why didn’t I just apologize ? I mean I was kind of mean to him … What’s wrong with me ? Why am I so .. ugh to the guy I actually like.

I stopped thinking about how much of a bitch I am and got in my car, it’s time to face school. On my way I saw Connor walking with his head down and his ear buds plugged in. I honked to make him look up at me. I hope to make it right with giving him a ride to school.

‘ Want a ride ? As an apology for being .. me. ‘ I said. Being me ? Really Sky ? He didn’t say anything until he was next to me in my Chevrolet. He looked directly in my eyes and said,

‘ You never have to apologize for being you. ‘ and you know what he did ? You know what he fucking did ? He made me fùcking blush. I’m Skylar Callaway !! I. don’t. fùcking. blush. I quickly looked down to hide the fact that my cheeks were bright red. What the fùck is happening to me ? 

‘ Thanks I guess. ‘ I said and the rest of the ride was completely silent.

‘ Thanks for the ride … ‘ He said with a little hidden smile. That bastard.

I locked my car myself, straightened my skirt and got out. Connor was walking a few meters before me. I stopped a block before the school building so I wouldn’t have to park my car on the school parking lot. But when I arrived at school … it was weird.  Everyone was looking at me, not really looking but really staring. I hate people staring at me. I lowered my head and walked up to my locker.

I really didn’t dare to look up knowing the burning stared would be there. I saw Megan in the corner of my eye and walked to her. I said hi, but she just ignored me.

‘ Hey !? ‘ I asked again and this time she turned around.

‘ I’m not speaking to you. ‘ She said which is kind of ironic because she actually said to me that she isn’t speaking to me … Okay no time for jokes.

‘ Why not ? ‘ I asked kind of confused. She took something of the wall and pushed it in my hands.

‘ You lied to us. We took you in our “circle of trust” and you broke it. there was one rule and that was no big secrets. And guess what Skylar, this is a big secret. ‘ She said in a harsh tone. She wasn’t making a scene but because 90 % of the school population was looking at me, it became a scene.  I looked at the paper and there was me. Dressed like a nerd and me, fighting in the ring against Riley. You could clearly see the resemblance and the text said that I’m an imposer. That I’ve been like all this time and that I’m a disgrace.

‘Megan …. I don’t know what to say, I’m sorry. ‘  I felt my walls crack, I finally had 3 friends and now I’m on the verge of losing them because believe it or not.

My secret came out.

It’s out.

And I’m dead.

A:N

SOOOO, that’s it, her secret is out ;) I just really loved writing this chapter. I wrote it like in an hour !! wow I’m also so excited of the awesome feedback I’ve been getting and bae’s !!! 60K READ LIKE WHAT THE HELL !!!! I’m so fricking excited !!!!

Thank you so much

xx- axellesmet