Chapter Sixty-Eight

Chapter Sixty-Eight - The Return to Denali

*Genevieve*

Throwing down the suitcases, I ran over to Tanya and wrapped my arms around her, throwing the two of us into the snow as we giggled.

"Genevieve! I missed you!"

"Please there is no plausible way that you could miss me more than I missed you!" I pulled back and looked at her face. "Look at this beautiful face! Gah- I missed this beautiful face!"

"How come she never greets me this way?" Theo mopes as he shuffles towards where Kate, Carmen, and Eleazar were standing.

"Because she has to live the rest of her life looking at this ugly face," Kate teases, reaching out and pulling him into a headlock, using her other hand to tousle his head.

Carmen rolls her eyes but smiles nonetheless as she watches the two playfully fight with each other. Eleazar just smiles and rests his head on top of Carmen's head, his arm casually flung over her shoulders.

"Where's Irina?" I look around and furrow my eyebrows when I don't see the third blonde of the family appear outside.

"She's... still upset," Tanya sighs and throws her arm around my waist, resting her head on my shoulder as she purses her lips.

My face falls as I look over at her and then to Kate, who had stopped fighting with Theo.

"I'm sorr-"

"She's not upset with you two... she knows it wasn't your fault," Kate assures, patting Theo on the shoulder as she offers us a reassuring smile. "She's just still in the grieving phase..."

"To be honest, I don't think that Laurent would've fit in that well... he always seemed like he more attached to traveling and hunting humans than he was to Irina." Tanya sighs and shakes her head.

"Although I'm sure that if he had given it enough time he would've come around," Carmen added in, a hopeful smile on her face as she looked over at Tanya and I.

"One day I strive to have as much faith as Carmen has," Kate mutters, rolling her eyes before quickly throwing us a smile and grabbing Theo's jacket. "Come on, losers. Let's go inside."

______________________

"Genevieve! Kate keeps electrocuting me!" Theo screams, his voice echoing through the huge house.

"It's your own fault, you idiot! I told you to stop touching my stuff!" Kate huffs, storming into the room and sending me a wink.

Theo races in after her and points a knowing finger in her direction. "No, you didn't! You told me- and I quote- 'stop touching my shit you little fucker'... there was nothing in there threatening to electrocute me!"

"Oh please! I'm sure that you could use your little pea-sized brain to guess what would happen if you kept touching my shit," Kate said, shrugging as she sat back next to me on the couch.

"Now she's insulting the size of my brain!" Theo threw his hands up as he huffed and glared at the blonde. "You're mean!"

"You deserve it," Kate countered.

Theo just groaned and stormed out of the room, calling for Carmen or Tanya to help him win his argument against Kate.

"You guys are something else," I mutter, glancing over at her for a second before looking back to the TV and continuing to watch whatever show was playing.