triple peter-tingle

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

We were on the roof alone for a while now, Peter silently sobbing into my embrace. I didn't mind it at all. I'm his safe haven now, I always was.

The cures were past demolished, so that meant we'd have to do everything all over again.

Ned and MJ ran towards us, all of us warped into a visceral hug. "I'm sorry." Ned sniffled. They must have seen the news.

"Peter, there's some people here to see you." MJ uttered, gesturing to two other men, one in a Spider-Man suit, and the other clad in normal clothing.

"...What?" He breathed. Peter leapt up to them and guarded us from the two men. "It's okay, Peter." MJ eased. "Who the hell are these people? And why is one of them wearing a different version of Pete's suit?" I asked.

"Well, they're both Peters. Peter Parkers, Spider-Men, Web-Slin—" So when the spell broke the multiverse's boarders, not only were the villains teleported, but so were the Peters...Freaky.

"—Got the picture, thanks!" I raised my eyebrows. "Sorry about May." The clothed Peter said.

"Yeah, sorry. I've got some understanding of what it—" The other Peter began.

"No, no, no...Please don't tell me you know what I'm going through." My Peter grimaced. I'm sorry, Peter.

"Okay." The scrawny Peter nodded.

"She's gone. And it's all my fault. She died for nothing." He sniffled. "So, I'm gonna' do what I should've done in the first place." He aimed to take the box from Ned's grasp. The one he entrusted him with.

"Peter..." The eldest began. "Please, don't! You don't belong here, either of you. So I'm sending you home. Those other guys are from your worlds, right? So you deal with it. And if they
die, if you kill them...That's on you. It's not my problem. I don't care anymore. I'm done. I'm really sorry that I dragged you into this. But you have to go home now. Good luck." He sniffled.

I reached for Peter's shoulder, and whispered into his ear. "Are you sure about this? Peter, I know this is beyond agonizing for you, but is this really what you want to do?" Peter gave me a sly nod and headed for the box, I shot my grappling hook at it and held it under my grip.

"Hear them out, please." I begged. "My uncle Ben was killed. It was my fault." The eldest Peter explained.

"I lost..." The suited Peter choked up. "I lost Gwen. My, um...She was my MJ. I couldn't save her. I'm never gonna be able to forgive myself for that. But I carried on, tried to, um...Try to keep going, try to keep being the uh...That "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man," 'cause I knew that's what she would have wanted. But at some point, I just—I stopped pulling my punches. I got rageful. I got bitter. I just don't want you to end up like...Like me." Is it a multiversal principle for all Peters to suffer?

"The night Ben died, I hunted down
the man who I thought did it. I wanted him dead. I got what I wanted. It didn't make it better. It took me a long time to learn to get through that darkness." The other Peter breathed.

"I want to kill him. I want to tear him apart. I can still hear her voice in my head. Even after she was hurt, she said to me that we did the right thing. She told me that, 'With great power—'" My Peter winced.