The Mantle of Responsibility

~~Cersei Lannister~~

The Iron Throne sits once sat as a monument of a conqueror. A monument of power and triumph over ones foes. But now, it is a monument of sin an greed of power hungry individuals that would do anything just to feel the bladed Throne upon their asses.

Cersei Lannister is no different.

She sits upon the Throne as if it truly belongs to her. Her Queensguard stand in front of the steps, all standing guard and silent thanks to the ripping of their tongues. Euron Greyjoy had mentioned how a man without a tongue is rather obedient and does not speak out of turn.

She guesses it's true.

Her "nobles" all stand in front of her in the great throne room, all looking at the Lannister Lioness with despise. Everyone in the world hates the Lannisters because they think they're gold and lions and they're golden lions make the think they are better than everyone else.

But they are not. A lion is nothing to a dragon..

"If the Mad King's daughter takes the Iron Throne, she will destroy the Realm as we know it."

Cersei begins, already using a petty argument of,'this evil is worse that me' type deal.

"Some of you are bannermen of House Tyrell. But House Tyrell is in open rebellion against the Crown. With their help the Mad King's daughter has ferris an army of savages to our shores. Mindless Unsullied soldiers who will destroy your castles and holdfasts. Dothraki heathens who will but you villages to the ground, rape and enslave your women, and butcher you children without a second thought."

The fact that she has the audacity to call anyone "heathen" speaks for itself.

"This is how Olenna Tyrell rewards centuries of service and loyalty."

The lords begin to murmur amongst themselves as the Lannister Lioness continues.

"You all remember the Mad King. You remember the horrors he inflicted on his people. His daughter is no different. In Essos her brutality is already legendary. She crucified hundreds of noblemen in Slaver's Bay. And when she grew bored of that, she fed them to her dragons."

The crowd begins to murmur louder, buying the bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

"It is my solemn duty to protect the people, and I will need your help, my Lords. We must stand together, all of us, if we hope to stop her."

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"If you want the Iron Throne, take it."

Yara Greyjoy states as well all either stand or sit around the carved table. I glance at Edric, sending him a silent "thank you" for coming. He had listened to me.

Along with him is Rickard, whom I haven't yet gotten to rekindle with, Elliara Sand and her daughters, and Olenna Tyrell. She's a smart woman and she knows that. Probably smarter than every person in this room.

And she's got all the food in the world.

"We have an army, a fleet, and three dragons. We should hit King's Landing now. Hard. With everything we've got. The city will fall in a day."