"Never Let Go"

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

The sheets are thrown everywhere, some of the pillows are in the floor and her hair is silently tangled with mine.

The early morning sun just barely creeps over the horizon, casting our bedroom in the fiery colors of orange and yellow which only adds to the atmosphere of love and pleasure.

Daenerys grinds against me as we both release unsuppressed moans of pleasure as we have been for the last however long since we started last night.

"Evelyn..."

She whispers, bringing her well-kissed lips to mine again as our tongues dance together again. We grind our heats against one another in a fast pace dance of pleasure.

"Never let me go...never let go.."

"I'll never let go of you.."

Everything comes to a standstill as we both reach our high at the same time, both shrieking as pleasure ripples through both of our bodies.

Daenerys collapses on top of me as sweat coats both of our bare bodies. I pant heavily as Daenerys does the same.

"That was...yeah.."

She says breathlessly and I chuckle, placing a gentle kiss on her sweaty forehead.

"You are wonderful, Evelyn."

"As are you, my dragon."

I whisper, making her chuckle and kiss my lips once again. She snuggles into the crook of my neck, sighing softly.

"Stay with me, my sweet."

"You know I cannot."

I whisper sadly, sitting up on the bed and begin gathering my clothes that are scattered around on the floor.

"Evelyn."

Daenerys takes my hands quickly, snatching the clothes and tossing them back in the floor.

"Please.."

"Dany, I have to. I need to do this."

"But Elliara, Yara even, can lead the army-"

"I have to, Daenerys. It's my responsibility to finish what I started so many years ago."

I say, picking my clothes back up as begin putting them on while she watches sadly. I put on my leather brigandine armor, black but with the sigils of Houses Targaryen and Dayne mixed together. I strap my sword to my waist and Dawn to my back, looking at Daenerys who has a few tears in her eyes.

"Oh, Dany.."

I crouch down, making her look down to me as I grasp her hands softly.

"We'll win this war. It will end one day, Daenerys. It will. But before that happens, a lot more people have to die."

That is one of the truths I've found in war. People have to die. Ideals are peaceful, history is violent.

"When it's all said and done, I'll come back to you. Together, you and I will make the world a better place for everyone. You see, this isn't about you and me. It's about the people who suffer from the Wheel that has turned for centuries. We'll break it together, Daenerys."

"But...all I want anymore is for you to be safe and in my arms."

"And I will be, Dany. I will be."

"I'll hold you to that, Evelyn Dayne."

I stand with a smile, placing a soft kiss to her lips which she desperately tries to hold on to, making it so much harder to let go.

"I'll see you in my dreams, my dragon."

I stand, turning away from her and walking slowly towards the door.

"Evelyn."

Daenerys says, standing from the bed with the red silk sheet barely covering herself.

"I..."

She hesitates and I smile, nodding my head because I know what she means to say.

"Me too, Dany. Me too."

Before I can get an answer, I swiftly turn, leaving our bedroom and the warmth I felt saps away.

~~~~~

"You remember the plan?"

I ask and Yara and Elliara nod. I glance at Theon who is talking with Edric across the dock. One of Elliara Sand's daughters pulls Edric away and I smile at that.

"Of course we do."

I don't answer and the two follow my eyes where Tyene is pulling Edric towards the ship's with happy smiles on both of their faces.

"Young love, wouldn't you say?"

I remark, drawing a laugh from the two women.

"Indeed. I just hope he can handle her."

Elliara chuckles and Yara and I do as well. I sigh slightly, looking across the beach where Rhaegal is waiting for me.

"Set sail for Storm's End. That's where we'll end the Iron Fleet."

I say, leaving Yara ad Elliara behind and I walk for a few minutes towards Rhaegal. Reaching him, his red eyes light up happily as he lowers his head, expecting chin scratches.

"So demanding."

I chuckle, scratching his chin as he almost purrs at the feeling.

"You and I will be the key to this whole thing."

I whisper and he lowers his wing, allowing me to climb onto his back. Daenerys should really look into getting her dragons saddles.

"You ready to be the bait?"

~~~~~
A/N

A little shorter than the last few chapters and I'm sorry for that. The next one will probably be the same but I really hope you all enjoy the story thus far.

If you did, consider maybe leaving a comment? Feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you so much for reading!