Chapter 32 - All Mine

Word Count : 1827

"We're back! Home sweet home." Shigure calls out to no one. We had finally arrived home from the long trip. We all entered the house to a strange surprise.

"Guite so! You must be quite tired from your long journey, comrades!" Ayame greets. The living room was a complete mess. There were half etan packages of food and beer cans. Along with trash and magazines scattered around. Ayame was in the centre of it all lying comfortably on the floor. "Yes, yes, step right in! Don't mind me, make yourselves at home and relax!"

"Ayame-san, it's nice to see you." Tohru smiles at the guest.

"Well, well, Tohru-kun, have your summer experiences matured a bit?" Ayame asks.

"How the hell did you get into the house?!" Kyo shouts at him.

"It's fine Kyo-kun. Aya was house sitting for us." Shigure explains.

"Just for today, though." Ayame adds.

"Shigure, you forgot to lock the door before you left, didn't you?" Yuki guesses. Shigure freezes at the comment.

"Ouch, you caught me." He caved.

"That's not safe!" I shout. We were very lucky that it was only Ayame who had entered the house and not some criminal. It could have been so much worse thinking about what had happened to my mother when someone broke into our house.

"That reminds me! Why didn't you come to the vacation house with us Aya?"

"Business calls. Summer is the season for fantasy when lovers flutter about with reckless abandon!" Ayame replied.

"Shigure-san, may I use the phone?" Tohru asks.

"Of course go ahead."

"Thank you very much." She smiles and heads off to the end of the hallway where the phone was located.

"So, was there a reason for your visit?"

"I heard Akito-san showed up at the summer house. It seems that once again, I failed to offer you the strength when you needed it the most. So I swear...to at least let you heal your wounded heart in my arms tonight." Ayame explained.

"No way it's not going to happen!" Yuki shouts, backing away from his brother.

"Then you must strike! Give in to your wounded heart nad strike as hard as you can...At Kyonkichi"

"Not at you?!" Kyo yells annoyed. Ayame gets up and makes his way over to the phone where Tohru had just finished her call, and he hides behind her.

"If you're going to be difficult then I will have no choice but to embrace Tohru-kun as I sleep."

"What?!" Tohru shouts in shock.

"How did you come to that conclusion?" Yuki asks.

"Try it and I'll beat you into the ground." Kyo says, as the boys glare at Ayame. I quickly grab Tohru's arm and pull her away from him.

---

"Thanks for being willing to listen to my unreasonable request so soon after your trip." I say. I was sitting in the living room in Master's house. I had asked him if he was free to talk to me and thankfully like us he had just come back from his own trip.

"Please don't worry about it. I was just taking care of some personal business. I went to visit some distant friends and pay my respects to my grandfather's grave." he explained.

"Is it far away from the Sohma grave? Is it not with the other spirit holders that have passed on?"

"No it's not. They didn't allow my grandfather to be buried in the Sohma grave. So I took him far from here. Honestly, I think it's better this way. In the end, my grandfather was finally able to be outside."