Chapter 46 - See You Again Soon

Word Count : 1858

"Yuki, where is Shigure?" Hatori asked. Everyone who was a member of the zodiac was called by Akito to gather at the main household. So far only Hatori, Ritsu, Haru, Rin, Yuki, Kisa, Hiro and I had shown up.

"Huh? Isn't he here? He hasn't been home all day." Yuki replied.

"The adults seem more freaked out than we are." Hiro mentioned.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm not a good adult!" Ritsu apologised.

"Would you knock that off already?" Hiro asked.

"I'm so sorry!"

"Well, we all came here like Akito said..."

"But he must already know about us."

"Akito knows." I confirmed. Akito seemed to know when my curse broke. If they all broke, Akito must have been aware.

"I bet the mood here will be pretty stiff." Yuki said. He looked over at me. "You seem pretty calm despite the curse being broken now."

"Well..." I started. It was true that despite the situation I was pretty calm. Since the curse no longer seemed to exist I didn't see the point in hiding the truth from everyone. "Mine's actually been broken for over a year." I confessed. It was dead silent as everyone processed the information.

"Huh?!" Everyone gasped.

"Seriously?"

"When did this happen?"

"My curse broke, when I saw Kyo's true form."

"Since that night..." Yuki mumbled. "Well, it'll be okay. We're not stiff at least. I was a little worried we'd be awkward with each other if the curse broke."

"It's okay. I love you always." Haru told him. Behind Haru, Rin was glaring at Yuki with a dark aura around her.

"Rin is staring!" Yuki told him. "Intensely!" He added. I hand placed itself on his shoulder and we saw Ayame had arrived.

"Indeed, Yuki! I am always intensely watching over you. Worry not my brother! We shall never be awkward with each other! As the old proverb goes "No need to fear the red lights if we cross together!" Ayame said smiling.

"You're so dreamy, Aya-niisan." Ritsu admired. The door opened and in walked Kyo with Kagura and Momiji following close behind.

"Huh, Akito's not here yet?" Kyo noticed.

"Says the man who's late! Where have you been wandering, Kyonkichi?" Ayame asked.

"Well, I've hardly been inside the main estate, so..." Kyo tried to explain.

"Ah, I see!" Ayame interrupted. "Its combined size and opulence must be too much for a riffraff like yourself, but I also give you my blessing to wander these grounds without fear!" The second door opened on the other side of the room and one of the amids stuck her head in.

"May I have everyone's attention? Akito-san is ready to see you." She said, getting everyone's attention. She pushed the door open and Akito walked in. This time was different. Akito wasn't wearing her usual mascling clothing but instead wearing a feminin red yukata with a floral pattern. Her eyes looked around the room landing on Hatori.

"Hatori-san, where is Shigure?" She questioned.

"I don't know." Hatori answered.

"A-Akito-san, have you adopted my cross-dressing habit?!" Ritsu panicked.