Holiday Special

Wattpad really needs to install a series feature on here...

Anyway, welcome one and all. I'm surprised I got this 11k behemoth of a oneshot done at all. Good job me, pat on the back.

This is long af so for TWs, they'll just be as they happen for people to skip. Also I hope that this isn't to "Christmas-y" even though that's literally the first line of this chapter. I tried to keep it neutral while still incorporating some of my personal experiences with the holidays in.

Happy Holidays, everyone! Sit back, grab some hot chocolate, and enjoy!

"Christmas?" Eri asks.

It's winter and it has been for some time. Yamada is explaining the intricacies of Christmas in a rather excited manner. Too excited for any time in the day, really, much less 9am.

Sasuke understands the idea behind the holidays now. Konoha wasn't big on happy celebrations, not really. It was pretty much just memorial services that had turned into festivals over time. Konoha didn't do "holidays" or "vacations" either.

"You can celebrate whatever you want." Aizawa says. "There are a lot of different celebrations that happen around this time, but Mic was raised around Christmas so that's what we've been doing since we got together."

Eri nods. She seems excited, but it's a bit hard to tell. She's gradually becoming more expressive, but Sasuke isn't really looking at her, so he doesn't know.

Yamada holds out his arms in the way he does when they want to carry Eri. It's a way that ensures Eri's consent to being picked up without making a big thing of it.

Eri runs into his arms and Yamada holds her by his waist.

He points out the window to show the houses that have been decorated.

"The house across from us celebrates Hanukkah, which is a Jewish holiday, so they put up some pretty blue lights and some decorations related to that holiday." They explain. "Both of our next door neighbours celebrate Christmas, but aren't really ones for outdoor decorations."

"The Sugiyama's did the one year, though." Aizawa reminds him.

"Ah, that's right. The year their son visited from university overseas and they did a huge celebration for him."

Sasuke doesn't really care if they decorate one way or another. It's not his house. They could paint the house neon green and he wouldn't say anything in opposition, though he would imply it. Heavily.

"There's more celebrations?" Eri wonders.

"There sure are, little listener! Thirteen and Kamui Woods celebrate Kwanzaa and I'm pretty sure Vlad celebrates Los Posadas, but he didn't last year so I'm not sure if he will this time. That's all I can think of off the top of my head."

At this point, Eri seems starstruck. Sasuke can tell that she'll be hellbent on celebrating something during the vacation.

"The pros usually hold a casual get-together for heroes and their families to celebrate the new year." Aizawa says.

A party. Just what Sasuke wants.

He doesn't dislike parties. He went to several as a child of the Uchiha patriarch. He remembers being bored out of his mind, but most kids are bored by events they attend with their parents. Sasuke would probably like parties if not for the social niceties that are expected of you as soon as you say you'll attend. It's a lot of work for no reason.

"We don't have to go." Aizawa is staring directly at Sasuke when he says this.

"Oh. Won't they be sad?" Eri frowns.