[9 - Showtime]

Percy

As expected, nothing exciting happens during a week of rest after fighting with the superhero of the city.

After we left Jitters last week with Barry, he said we could go off on our schedule for a while until they needed us again. That was exactly 172 hours ago.

I was bored.

We needed things to do.

The week passed without problem and I didn't like that. Of course, I'd never say that if it meant fighting a monster. But it terms of metahumans, they were much more fun because they don't always want to kill you; but somethings they do.

Of course, we could've just hailed a cab and just burst into S.T.A.R. Labs. That's what we did last time. But then again, last time, we ended up in some pretty prison for metahumans.

But you can imagine our shock when one moment, we were eating takeout in our room and then we were standing in the middle of the Cortex, papers flying all around us like a halo.

I was used to the constant speeding by now that I didn't throw up every time, but that didn't mean I enjoyed the experience. "I hate when you do that."

"And I hate when you keep messing up the papers I keep organizing!" Caitlin says with a scowl that makes Barry laugh.

Within a blink of an eye, all of the papers that were previously on the floor were now neatly stacked in Caitlin's hands. She smiles at that. "Now, that's better," she says with an approving glance and sets the stack on a table.

"You should get to the point, Barry. We didn't bring them here for laughs," Wells says as he enters the room. I guess someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

"Right, sorry, my bad. We located Snart and Mick, finally. Took longer than expected because they must've removed the trackers off the guns."

"How'd you find them?"

"Just followed the trail of break-in's the past week," Cisco replies for Barry. He was currently clicking away at his computer, squishing what seemed like those stress balls in his hand.

"Break-in's already? I thought they'd be smart enough to stay hidden for a while before starting up again," Annabeth says, her mind doing its part and trying to figure out their plan.

"That's what we thought. But that's the funny thing, they're breaking in, and not even stealing anything. It took a while for us to realize it was them because we never would've thought these guys wouldn't steal anything."

"Really?" I make a face. In what world would you risk getting arrested and not steal anything?

"Uh huh, we don't know why though. Every place they've broken into, the owners said everything on their list is accounted for," Barry frowns at that.

"I don't think they've had any plans to steal anything at all. I think they wanted your attention," Annabeth says finally. And she catches everyone's attention.

"How so?" Wells inquires.

"Well, Percy said that Snart seemed awfully angry at him when he made them go running at their last encounter. So I think they want your attention, because they have some trick or plan up their sleeves involving the two of you. I mean, why would two renown criminals break into multiple places and not steal anything? It's a reasonable explanation," Annabeth said.

"She has a point," Wells adds. "They want revenge, they're furious to a point where they would risk anything to hurt you. They're breaking in because they want you to catch them on purpose. We're just lucky that you've always been busy with another crime that you could never make it to the place in time."