Volume 1 - Chapter 8

After waiting for a very long time... It is finally May 1. The day where everything will be revealed to the other classes.

"Good morning! Class! I have a very good announcement with you guys! 2 actually... But oh well. Looks like no one's absent today too?"

"If we aren't absent on the usual class days, then why would we even be absent today...?" I hear Sakuta ask. But what he said was pretty true.. Not going to lie.

"Fufu. Of course. Anyways~! For the 1st announcement, we have your results of the last surprise quiz we have!" Sensei then taped a paper to the board, showing us our results. She then draws a name just below Yuuki's name.

"Congratulations! If this were a real exam, then no one would've been expelled!"

"Wait, sensei, failing in the exams means expulsion?" Sora asked and Sensei only nods. I look at the paper and saw that almost everyone got a perfect score.

"So, almost everyone got a 100 on the quiz?" Tatsuya said and everyone either hummed or nodded.

"And.. before I say the 2nd announcement.., I'll ask you guys a question first," Sensei said. Most of us are wondering what is it and tried to make up questions. But I believe almost none thought up what sensei is going to ask.

Even me, someone who has a computer-like brain... Can't figure out what sensei is going to ask us. We thought it was something very serious... But to our surprise... It actually wasn't.

"Do you guys know why I didn't call you Class E earlier?" What type of a question is that even? It's not like I know the answer to that--

Wait... Today is May 1.., It is the day when we finally get to see our Class Points... There could only be one reason that I could think of...

"Sensei... Could it be that we managed to overtake a class?" I asked sensei with surprise evident in my voice. The other students just look at me in shock, realizing what I said might be true.

"Yes! You are correct! Ayanokouji-kun! You managed to overtake not only Class-D and Class-C! But also Class-B! Congratulations! You are now the new Class-B!" Sensei said enthusiastically. 

Almost everyone in the classroom gasped at this revelation. I even heard Kaori gasp.

After a few moments of silence, Kaori sighs and slumps at her chair happily.

"We did it~! We're finally one step ahead of our goals!!" Kaori said as if she was celebrating inside her head. The other students just roared happily at the announcement.

--

*Horikita Suzune's POV*

"-- In other words... You people are the defects of this school. In other words, the trash." Chiyabashira-sensei ended. I can't believe this... Me, a Defect... That is a simple fact that I cannot accept! I raised my hand in order to make my teacher realize that me being in this class is a mistake.