⇢ CHAPTER 91 - EXTRA

*  this is a few months after the wedding !
btw. there are mentions of mark & lexie, again... *
A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS

HOLLY KEPNER FELT curiosity nip at her mind as she stretched her limbs outwards and looked around, wondering where her husband could be

"Huh," She muttered, quirking a brow as the clock beside her illuminated the date and time— December 25th, 10:15AM. Figuring it was her birthday, something Jackson loved to celebrate, she found it odd he was nowhere to be seen. 

It wasn't that Holly hated her birthday— rather, she seemed to usually find things more important on that day so she would toss aside the fact it was her birthday. Perhaps it was a result of the normalcy she felt in placing things revolving around her away— an affect her sisters, excluding April, would typically do. 

So, as Holly sat upright, the covers cascading off her upper body as she rubbed her eyes— the peace was quickly disturbed as the sound of nails tapping against the floor got louder with each step Frodo took from his bed in the living room to his destination, Holly and Jackson's room. 

With that, Holly's eyes darted to the door.

She smiled, watching as Frodo rushed over to her side of the bed before scratching at the sheets— a signal meant to say Bring me up!, to which Holly did so and grinned as he began to roll around the covers with a smile, "Don't tell Jackson, and we won't have a problem." Holly joked, giving Frodo a joking squint as they both knew Jackson would usually be the one to place Frodo on their bed.

Taking his attention away from rolling around their scent, Frodo turned to Holly before he pounced— licking her face as a sign of affection while his tail wagged endlessly. 

"Okay," Holly chuckled, brushing her hand through Frodo's smooth fur while the other tried to gently push him away, "thank you for the birthday kisses."

Frodo barked, taking a step back as he smiled at her before another thing gained his attention— his tail, which he began to chase. 

"All right." Holly exhaled, cracking her hands as she nodded lightly, "Time to go to work." 

After leaving Frodo off at his doggy daycare where the facility would train him to be a certified service dog, Holly made her way to the hospital— and standing in front of the elevator, waiting for it to arrive, she began to bop her head to the soft Christmas music playing around the hospital's halls. 

"Happy birthday!" Derek announced, standing on the other side of the elevator doors as they opened and Holly turned her attention to him, "And Merry Christmas, I guess."

"Thanks." Holly grinned, walking inside to join him as she quirked a brow, "Are you getting off?"

"No, actually, I've just been riding this elevator until you got here." Derek commented before giving her a look to indicate he was joking as Holly quirked a brow, "An intern lost our patient's files."