Albedo | Brief Touches

"Ah, you're here. Please, take a seat. I'll be over shortly."

"Oh! Um... sure. Take your time," you reply, taking a seat and averting your gaze to the sundry items that's scattered all over his table—from empty beakers, broken pencils, and dusty papers.

There are so many things that even the items have spilled to the floor. It seems the alchemist was searching for something... perhaps to examine one of his old sketches?

"Thank you for agreeing to meet up with me in Dragonspine," Albedo's voice suddenly reaches your ear. Startled, you turn to him and nod.

He continues, "I see you're dressed appropriately for the weather here; good. Shall we begin today's research?"

Two days ago, your friend Sucrose told you about how "Mr. Albedo" is looking for a variety of participants for his upcoming project. According to her, the research only requires the participant to answer a list of questions in a span of two days.

Despite your shyness and your (obvious) crush on the intelligent male, you agreed to help him out since the requirements doesn't seem difficult and too out of your comfort zone.

Your crush developed mostly due to your observations of the male with the way he approaches his research carefully and speaks in a respectful manner. Because you're friends with Sucrose, you often help her out with simple tasks like collecting flowers, so naturally you got to meet the "Mr. Albedo", eventually able to converse with him too thanks to your green-haired friend.

She introduced the two of you to each other a few weeks later. The only thing he ever said to you the first time he saw you was an intent stare and a "hi, pleased to meet you."

The first part of the research was yesterday and was simply conducted by Albedo while you two were sitting together, enjoying a meal at Good Hunter. While you did stammer several times, it didn't go too poorly (at least, that's what you thought at the time). Albedo didn't seem bothered either.

For some reason though, the last part of the research is at his campsite in Dragonspine. You meant to ask Sucrose about the reasoning behind this, but she was nowhere to be found this morning. Even Timaeus didn't know of her whereabouts.

And so, here you are, getting ready to start the second and final part of the research. Compared to the first day, your nervousness is much more immense.

It only worsens due to Albedo's random question.

"Would you mind if I touched you? Nothing out of line, I assure you. It's merely for observational purposes for my research."

"T-Tou—oh, um..." you stumble, unsure on what to say.

He continues to wait patiently for an answer. Since you've successfully helped him already, surely you can do the same again, right?

You slowly nod in response.

"Thank you. Let's start off with something simple." Albedo brushes his fingers against your covered arm.

You shift a bit in your seat, turning your head to the side. Although you're wearing a jacket and can't exactly feel his touch, you're still startled by such a move.

"Please remain looking forward. I must examine your eyes; there's much to figure out and learn simply by looking at them," he explains as he writes some notes down.

"S-Sorry..."

Next, he brushes his fingers against your covered thigh. This time, you react much more as you immediately cover it with the palm of your hands. Albedo writes down some more notes, glancing at you as he does so.

He then touches your forehead. Your eyes widen, heart beating faster, confused on why he's doing what he's doing. Lowering himself down to your eye level, he stares at you intently. His light blue gaze is mesmerizing, seemingly making you frozen in place.

"Now, if I touch you here..." he murmurs, stroking your cheek three times, "...how will you react?"

You flicker your gaze elsewhere and squeeze your hands shut but remain facing him.

The silence is interminable. Him just staring at you, hardly blinking, as you sit there, feeling hot.

"I, um, Albedo... a-are we—woah...!"

Albedo places his thumb at the bottom edge of your lips, which shuts you up in no time, and then drags his thumb across in a painfully slow manner. As he is doing this, he takes note of your heavy breathing, dilated pupils, and trembling lips. Your soft whimpering and half-lidded eyes follow shortly after.

"Oh? You're much more... reactive. Might I ask why this is?"

You can only stare at him in a daze, unable to move nor reply back. Your mind is clouding with thoughts of his touches and his curious whispers. His calming, light scent of eucalyptus is all you can smell, serving as a reminder of the close proximity between you two.

"Do I have your permission to continue, (Y/N)?" he asks nonchalantly, his serious face remains unwavering.

You're sure you see a hint of mischief sparkling in his eyes, though.

-♡-

Albedo's experiment seems a bit touchy. (No complaints.)

If I continue with this one-shot any longer, my heart will explode. Definitely an intriguing way to end the night lol; good night to anyone getting ready to go to sleep.