Chapter 10

In the kitchen, Maddy looked up at Jungkook with her sparkling eyes and did some little claps as she said, "I'm going to drink alcohol tonight!"

He blinked at her a few times, this was an odd reaction to drinking alcohol. "Are you sure you want to do that?" He asked her.

Maddy nodded, "Yes, it is one of the things on my bucket list. I'm going to 'drink alcohol at a high school party.' Yay!" She clapped again. "But my mom has warned me never to let someone give me a drink, because they could put that drug into it. I forget what it is called, it makes you not remember anything."

"GHB? Roofies? Ketamine?" Jungkook asked without thinking.

Maddy looked at him warily, "Ooookaaaaay. I'm going to pretend those names didn't fall so easily from your lips." Then her charming smile returned, "But I thought if you made me a drink then I wouldn't worry."

She trusted him, Jungkook sighed. "Alright, if you are determined." He opened the fridge and took out a can of coke and cracked it open. "Drink some of this, so there is room in the can." 

Maddy took a small sip off the top and handed it back. Jungkook rolled his eyes. Then he poured a lot more of the coke into his mouth without it touching his lips. He picked up a bottle of rum and poured about a shot and a half worth in the top of the coke can and stirred it with a straw.

When he held the can out to her, he said. "Here you go Sunshine. Don't put it down anywhere, hold it in your hand at all times unless you are in the bathroom alone and then bring it with you. When you hold it, have your hand covering the hole so no one can put anything in it. Got it?"

She grabbed him in a hug, "Thanks Kookie!" She then took the drink from him and took a sip. She made a little frown but said, "Not as bad as I thought it would be. What should we do now?"

"Well since my plans for the night have now been altered," He looked at her pointedly. "Follow me, I want to show you something." He grabbed a throw blanket off the back of a chair in the rec room and took her out of the back sliding door to the back yard.

Jungkook had taken his bottle of beer with him but it was almost full. Maddy hadn't seen him even take a drink of it yet. She sipped on her rum and coke as she followed him over the small patch of grass in the back yard and through a small wooded area behind the house. 

When they came out on the other side of the trees, there was a large pond/small lake in front of them. But the real show was the sky. Because they were in the Valley, which was not near town, the light pollution wasn't strong. This meant they could see the stars, and tonight they were on show.

Maddy stopped at the edge of the woods. She whispered, "Wooooow!" She stood unmoving, looking at the view. The longer she looked, the more she saw. There were two giant hills of trees on either side of the lake and the stars were reflecting in the surface of the water. "I didn't even know there were places like this around here! It is beautiful!"

Jungkook laid the blanket down on the ground and patted the spot beside him for her to sit. They both put down their drinks. Maddy pulled her sweatshirt on before sitting down on the blanket. They sat in silence looking at the amazing view for long minutes. It wasn't awkward, they were both relaxed and lost in their thoughts. Maddy continued to sip on her drink until it was nearly gone.

As if she didn't have the energy to sit up anymore, Maddy flopped onto her back. The alcohol was making her feel relaxed. She stretched her hands up over her head and pointed her toes so her body was a long line across the blanket. Her feet and hands were hanging over the edge. She stretched like that for a minute then relaxed to continue enjoying the view. Her hands came down to just above her head, resting on the blanket.