67. (*)

Penelope.

"Harry? Are you good to go?" I asked as I hastily zipped up my duffle bag and ran around the Airbnb that we had rented for the night.

Harry was in the bathroom still, shaving his stubble off. He hummed in confirmation of my question before I heard his shaving machine being turned off and he hurried out of the bathroom, "Yep, I'm done. Got everything?"

"Yeah." I breathed, glancing around, "I think so. Fuck, I can't believe we overslept that much."

"Has your dad called yet?" Harry asked as he yanked on his shoes and I put my coat on, pulling my hair out of the neckline, "Yes, twice."

"Shit." He muttered, "Alright, let's go."

It was nearing twelve when Harry and I hopped down the stairs of the Airbnb and ran outside. We were supposed to meet my dad and Nicole about an hour ago but Harry and I had horribly overslept on this second Christmas day. Also, we were both hungover and moody after having slept in a the most uncomfortable bed.

My back was sore and my head was pounding as we walked through the empty Brighton streets. Some of the snow had melted by now but our steps still sounded crunchy and winter-y as we approached my childhood home. Harry stifled a yawn as we were at the front door after pushing our bags into the trunk of his car which was still in the driveway.

Last night, the two of us, Dave and my dad had all cracked open the whisky bottle. Nicole had scolded us from the start but we had assured her we'd be fine. I was sure she'd have a field day seeing the bags under our eyes today.

Dave had the worst of it though, he was very drunk and ended up crashing on the couch at my dad's house. I wasn't sure if he'd still be there. Maybe Rory had kicked him out already.

Harry and I planned on a lunch with my dad and Nicole before we headed to Maycroft Manor and then drove back to London.

Harry lazily leaned into me when we waited for someone to open the door, him yawning once more and letting out a sigh, "I'm never drinking again."

"Me neither." I grumbled along, "And prepare yourself, Rory is never tired."

Harry whined, shortly kissing my jaw before he stood up straight. I turned my head to see him, a small smile on my lips when I saw his tired, adorable face. He wore jeans and another knitted, cosy jumper today, "You forgot a little patch." I brushed my fingertip over a couple of hairs on his jaw that he hadn't shaved off.

"No, I didn't. This is my new look." He joked in denial right before the door opened.

"Hi guys!" Nicole widely grinned as she ushered us into the house, "Come in, come in."

"Sorry we're late." Harry started apologizing, "We horribly overslept."

I shrugged off my coat and continued walking inside the house, running a hand through my loose brown hair. My dad was seated at the table with a glass of water in front of him, a tired look in his face.

"Hey, dad." I smiled, standing behind him and hugging him from the back, "How're you feeling?"

He patted my arm, "Like an old man who shouldn't be drinking that much at his age." He complained and then shook Harry's hand before turning to me, "How about you, darling?"

"Same." I sighed, "Harry and I didn't sleep at all. The bed in the Airbnb was horrible." I stretched my back as both Harry and I sat down at the table, "Please tell me there's coffee."

"Of course." Nicole smiled as she poured both of us a large cup that made both Harry and I groan in delight. She glared at my dad though, "You can get your own."